Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhere this morning I read comments relating to installing cheaper XM radios from Circuit City etc. My question is...How can an aftermarket unit be connected into the speaker system of the Solstice if it can. I do not believe the Roady kits have speakers. Perhaps I'm wrong though. I ordered the Monsoon Speaker system and now wish I had ordered the XM option too. Can an Item be added to an order that has already been placed but not expected to be produced till spring?
Thanks for any responses...Chuck

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes you can add to your original order. I added the XM option just a couple of weeks ago without any problems.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Chuck said:
Somewhere this morning I read comments relating to installing cheaper XM radios from Circuit City etc. My question is...How can an aftermarket unit be connected into the speaker system of the Solstice if it can. I do not believe the Roady kits have speakers. Perhaps I'm wrong though. I ordered the Monsoon Speaker system and now wish I had ordered the XM option too. Can an Item be added to an order that has already been placed but not expected to be produced till spring?
Thanks for any responses...Chuck
Chuck,

YOu can plug an aftermarket XM, Sirius, Ipod or MP3 player directly into the auxiliary jack that is on the front plate of the radio. This will utilize the speaker systems and will not require the transmission of the signal over an FM radio band. This is what I intend to do since I did not care for the antenna placement on the trunk from the factory system
:cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Mayor said:
Chuck,

YOu can plug an aftermarket XM, Sirius, Ipod or MP3 player directly into the auxiliary jack that is on the front plate of the radio. This will utilize the speaker systems and will not require the transmission of the signal over an FM radio band. This is what I intend to do since I did not care for the antenna placement on the trunk from the factory system
I think you will still have to have an antenna on your trunk if you want to get any kind of a signal, even with the FM modulator.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have one and you will have to place the antenna somewhere. Luckily, the antenna GM is using is the same small one that the Roady2 comes with...not the "fin" that the preproduction models are using. The roady2 can be plugged into the aux jack or use the fm modulator. Either is fine but the aux jack will be a slightly better sound quality. If you did get the base radio though you will not have the aux jack ... so you will have to use the built in fm modulator. Either way...its great to have.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
The Mayor said:
Chuck,

thats true..but you still have to find someplace to mount the sat radio receiver...then run wires for the antenna and power...too much for the sol and to clutter up the cockpit....would much perfer the oem installed version...just my two cents!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.