Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we have our first after-market products out for the Solstice. eAutoWorks.com has 11 electrical items listed already.

Link Here

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Pretty cool find. They probably used information made available by GM in the SEMA database that's available for manufactureres to look in. I bet if we had someone who could look in there they'd find some nice Solstice stuff.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Very interesting. We can already get add ons to increase the HP and torque, and yet we cannot find any definitive HP and torque figures yet! :lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Very interesting. We can already get add ons to increase the HP and torque, and yet we cannot find any definitive HP and torque figures yet! :lol
I know we've heard different hp/torque numbers for this engine. Has 177 Hp and 166 lb-ft torque been one of the variations?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
eatoninside said:
I know we've heard different hp/torque numbers for this engine. Has 177 Hp and 166 lb-ft torque been one of the variations?
Yep, 177 HP has certainly been a variation, and 166 I think was a torque figure attached to it. I also believe we have concluded the 177 HP figure is probably a revised figure and more accurate right now than the original 170.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
From those who were at NAIAS 2005 177 HP @ 6600 RPM and 166 ft-lbs at 4800 RPM were the specifications listed at the Solstice display.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
What the ....? Don't have a clue what these things are they are selling, but I'll bet they're about as effective as the tornado or the resistors that trick your AIT sensor into thinking it's always 32 degrees out.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
If the Sol is as posted elsewhere lower to the ground than the Corvette then we shouldn't the 'hot earth ground to muffler' strap since we'll be grounding out with every bounce of the shocks :crazy

·
Registered
535 Posts
All I see is universal products. I think anytime a new car is announced they simply add it to their "vehicle" database for those type of products.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Darkhamr said:
All I see is universal products. I think anytime a new car is announced they simply add it to their "vehicle" database for those type of products.
I thought the same thing, universal stuff that comes up for most every car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts