Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang. A few days ago, GMHQ called informing me that VIN #771 was produced and on it's way. When you received your call confirming production of your Solstice, how long was the transit time to the dealer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
RJinAZ said:
Hi gang. A few days ago, GMHQ called informing me that VIN #771 was produced and on it's way. When you received your call confirming production of your Solstice, how long was the transit time to the dealer?

Thanks.
When they state that your car is in transit, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is shipped out. Don't expect anything until your dealer calls you and tells you that it has arrived.. I've been called by my dealer and GM Headquarters telling me that my car was in transit on 8/5 and to date it still hasn't arrived. :( According to small dealer, the average transit time is 18 days. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My car, No. 23, has a "born on" date of the week of July 18 and listed as in transit. Well its September and the car isn't here yet. It is my understanding that when a car is shipped the dealer is invoiced with a project delivery date. Your dealer can tell you as soon as he is invoiced. Mine was finanally invoiced last week and Sept 9 is the projected date.

Personally I think that if your car was recently built you have a better chance of it being delivered soon. Many of the early production cars, including mine, were apprarently put on a quality hold.

·
Registered
233 Posts
PAS22 said:
My car, No. 23, has a "born on" date of the week of July 18 and listed as in transit. Well its September and the car isn't here yet. It is my understanding that when a car is shipped the dealer is invoiced with a project delivery date. Your dealer can tell you as soon as he is invoiced. Mine was finanally invoiced last week and Sept 9 is the projected date.

Personally I think that if your car was recently built you have a better chance of it being delivered soon. Many of the early production cars, including mine, were apprarently put on a quality hold.
I agree about having a better chance if your car was recently built. My projected delivery date was 8/18. Oh well.... :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts