Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read in another thread that vin #13 had been involved in an accident shortly after delivery. That just made me wonder about replacement body panels. Since all sheet metal except the small triangular panel behind the front wheel are hydroformed, does this mean that only Pontiac can supply replacement panels? If so, that might make for increased insurance rates.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
jimmyo said:
I just read in another thread that vin #13 had been involved in an accident shortly after delivery. That just made me wonder about replacement body panels. Since all sheet metal except the small triangular panel behind the front wheel are hydroformed, does this mean that only Pontiac can supply replacement panels? If so, that might make for increased insurance rates.
Any thoughts?
Shouldn't because, generally speaking, insurance companies require that you use oem parts. When I had my body shop some adjusters would even request copies of invoices to see that we weren't using aftermarket parts. There have been exceptions when the aftermarket parts have been tested and found to pass manufacturers specs.

·
2,574 Posts
jimmyo said:
Any thoughts?
We talked about this once before and we were more worried about availability than cost. Pontiac will probably support the car but when will they make parts available? Play nice for now everyone, this is a no-contact sport. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts