Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
PCP has been updating on this over at Kappa Performance. They do not yet have any direct comparisons to show what, if any, gain it provides.

·
Registered
676 Posts
that is the PCP manifold. Notice that its location is berlin, germany.

That intake was built for an evo 3 and chopped the flange/ intake runners to fit our car...he refused to comment when I bought up the similarity... these can be found from china for cheap with the evo flange, and IMO nothing is changed other than the mounting flange to the motor and the intake runner length/ design.

Notice here:
Lancer Evolution CE9A EVO 3 GALANT VR4 4G63 turbo 87-93 PLENUM INTAKE MANIFOLD | eBay

And here: Intake Manifold Mitsubishi EVO 1 2 3 4G63-T | eBay

Until I see a back to back dyno that proves its a performance GAIN rather than a lag builder, I will stick with the stock manifold. Again you must realize most of these manifolds are built to maximize flow at HIGH boost... like 40psi and 50+ lb min.... On our stock turbo, I would imagine it would just make it lag tremendously.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I dont think the intake manifold is a restrictive part for air flow from my experience.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Interesting. It doesn't look like it will work with a cut up stock IC pipe; I could be wrong though. But I agree, this is big boy stuff - probably minimal gains on a stock K04 car unless the stacks are well tuned to the powerband where the stock turbo shines...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts