Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what kind of aftermarket mods will be avalable when the car comes out, and who will make them.

I dont want to change too much on the solstice I just want to maybe put an intake/exhaust on it and maybe a chip and/or some other controls.

Also does anybody know if the solstice doesnt have a s/c or if it does, will there be a bigger one to put on it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't have any specifics for you but I can say that this is not an all new engine. That means that there are a number of performance mods available for it in other applications. Hopefully many of them can translate easily to the Sosltice.

·
Registered
151 Posts
with a s/c, all you really need to do is get a smaller pulley and it will spin faster getting more power. it will probobly be one of the first aftermarket mods to the FI version.

i just hope someone comes out with big brakes soon after release, and i hope eibach sees an interest in this car and does a full setup, shocks, springs, front and rear strut bars and front and rear sway bars would be a nice first purchase

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Keep an eye on who is making aftermarket stuff for the Saturn Ion Redline and Cobalt SS, since they are using versions of the Ecotec too. Many of their mod parts are likely to work on the Solstice, or at least require just a few changes to work (depending on the part).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Vita said:
i hope eibach sees an interest in this car and does a full setup, shocks, springs
I hope you don't plan to lower this car, it is already going to be the lowest car on GM's lineup-even moreso than the Corvette.

·
Registered
281 Posts
SupraScoobyDoo said:
I hope you don't plan to lower this car, it is already going to be the lowest car on GM's lineup-even moreso than the Corvette.
the chassis does appear to be squared away nicely. i would like to have the option of polyurethane or polygraphite bushings and adjustable struts (im on this one!) from the aftermarket.

·
Registered
284 Posts
SupraScoobyDoo said:
I lowered my Corvette. The wheel gap on C5 Vettes is a bit much out of the factory. The pics of the Solstice don't have as much wheel gap luckily.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Bizz said:
the chassis does appear to be squared away nicely. i would like to have the option of polyurethane or polygraphite bushings and adjustable struts (im on this one!) from the aftermarket.
You do mean adjustable shocks, right? There are no struts, are there?

·
Registered
151 Posts
SupraScoobyDoo said:
i dont want to have some sort of low-rider, but will definitely want an upgraded suspension, unless the factory suspension is so good that getting an aftermarket setup is worthless, plus i have a lot of love for eibach's products

1 - 10 of 10 Posts