Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Pontiac Awards Solstice Convertible Project to Gravana – Gravana plans To Play on the Power, Style and Sex Appeal of this Roadster!

Gravana Plans Early Effort to Build the Solstice into the Ultimate Cult-Like Roadster that will create a Lust for open Air Life.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Valencia, CA (Date Added Here) – With the 2005 SEMA Show fast-approaching, Gravana has been awarded a 2006 Pontiac Solstice from General Motors. Gravana has quickly become a leader in the industry in New Aftermarket Product Development and product selection for several new GM brands by over-delivering on past projects and offering flexible areas of new product development. There are two primary reasons for building the new Pontiac Solstice. First, the rendering of the finished project is absolutely stunning. Virtually every person who has viewed the rendering has called it a ‘Must Build’ project. Second, Gravana would like to continue their success building unique project vehicles for GM, which have all resulted in bringing new products to the aftermarket.

“We are truly fortunate and honored to have been awarded this project. As we learned from the vehicles we built for GM last year, the excitement of aftermarket-modified cars is helping to drive traffic to the dealerships. Given the great platform provided by the Kappa design and engineering team, along with the ultra-cool factory styling, the Solstice is already in demand by many of our existing customers. Pontiac has an aftermarket winner on their hands with the Solstice. We are just fortunate to be involved with such a great organization,” said Jim Lupold, President of Gravana. “Our goal with the Solstice is to provoke Emotion and Lust, and get people into their Pontiac dealer to drive this new Roadster and experience the fun, free feeling that we already know exists. We look forward to unveiling the Gravana Solstice and being first to market with our own products, as well as offering the widest selection of performance and accessory products from other manufacturers.”

Gravana has been fortunate enough to have a view some pre-production Solstices, and they have been dreaming up new aftermarket designs for a few weeks now. Gravana owner Jim Lupold and designer Matt Teske can’t stop smiling knowing the potential and praying to be awarded one of the few Solstice project vehicles. Focus group screenings of the proposed Stage 3 Body Kit alone, designed exclusively for Gravana by Teske Design, have generated pre-purchase commitments for the Solstice. Many of these people feel that the Gravana aggressive body kit is ‘almost Porsche-like’ and has the styling of a higher-end European Roadster. Gravana’s chin/lip spoiler options are also a hit, as they wrap around the contours of the front bumper with style and grace.
Move over Z3, Boxster and Miata… Gravana is building a Solstice that is ready to play!

While Gravana has not yet decided to Turbo or Supercharge the Solstice due to the new VVT technology, plans to build other bolt-on performance items are already in place. Gravana’s product line-up for the Solstice includes, but is not limited to, a 50-state legal Air Intake System, Header, Dual Split and Center Exhaust options, Turbo-Sport Hood, Body Kit, Carbon Fiber Rear Deck, Luggage Rack, Coil-Over Suspension, Sway Bars, Carbon Fiber Door Sills and Engine Covers, and a variety of additional upgrades that compliment the car. Fortunately for Gravana, Pontiac’s cousin Saturn is releasing their own Roadster (the Saturn Sky) on GM’s new small rear-wheel drive Kappa platform, which should allow some cross-over of Gravana once the Sky drops. Gravana is extremely loyal and will most likely rely on companies such as H&R Suspension, Boston Acoustics, Goodyear and Borla for marketing partnerships on this project. However, companies interested in a marketing partnership on the Gravana Solstice, or any other Gravana project vehicle, should contact Gravana using the contact information below.

About GRAVANA
Gravana manufactures and sells aftermarket performance products and accessories for GM vehicles. Gravana strives to be the ultimate source for performance products and accessories for most late-model GM vehicles. While the idea started in 1998, Gravana, Inc. was founded in 2003 after several years of research and planning. Company founder Jim Lupold started his career working in the family auto repair business at age 13, building his first GM vehicle – a Pontiac Trans-Am – with his father before Jim could even drive. After college and a successful career in Motorsports, he cut his professional teeth with aftermarket companies Neuspeed, RK Sport, CarParts.com and Performance Products. The Pontiac Solstice is the 3rd General Motors project vehicle to be awarded to Gravana for 2005. Gravana is one of the few companies 100% dedicated to support General Motors vehicles exclusively within the aftermarket.

For more information, please visit the Gravana website at www.gravanatuning.com, or contact us at the numbers below.

Gravana, Inc. – (661) 251-8881

http://press.namct.com/content/view/2024/2/

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Oh crap, I'm so overjoyed I think I have to go change my pants. :willy:

Second, the design of Gravana’s body kit is ‘almost Porsche-like’ and gives the Solstice a look normally associated with higher-end European Roadsters.
Focus Group screening of the proposed body kit alone, designed exclusively for Gravana by Teske Design, has generated pre-purchase commitments for the Solstice throughout the US.
Why wasn't I on one of these Focus Screenings??? :brentil:

·
Registered
381 Posts
"Body kit" and "Solstice" should NEVER be used in the same sentence, IMHO. Performance parts, ok, that's cool, but for the love of all that is Good, I can't imagine any "body kit" on s Solstice that won't induce a gastrointestinal reaction of the negative kind.

·
Registered
391 Posts
:rolleyes:
WaitingForBoost said:
"Body kit" and "Solstice" should NEVER be used in the same sentence, IMHO. Performance parts, ok, that's cool, but for the love of all that is Good, I can't imagine any "body kit" on s Solstice that won't induce a gastrointestinal reaction of the negative kind.
Dude calm down, its just a car and it could look better.
How are you going to act when GM changes the body style?
I for one do like the Solstice, but look forward to seeing how people modify them. It would be an ugly thing if they all looked the same.
Heck I'd like to see a kit that made it look more like a Shelby Cobra 427 :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Rickady88GT said:

I for one do like the Solstice, but look forward to seeing how people modify them. It would be an ugly thing if they all looked the same.
Heck I'd like to see a kit that made it look more like a Shelby Cobra 427 :cool:
I'm kinda with you, Rick'. The next few years will be absolutely suprising to see what is done. I've only seen one ricer body mod on a Miata, and it was down in Fl... and it looked like those pics you see of the guy who pastes milk jug plastic on the back for wings.

Somehow, I think the Kappa will be coveted more for those looking to have a modifiyable (modifiable? oh WTF....) platform.

A Shelby Cobra Kappa Replica would be kinda kool to see....

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
solsticeman said:
A Shelby Cobra Kappa Replica would be kinda kool to see....
I have drooled forever over the shape of the 427 Cobra and nobody except one firm in Canada which has MG body kits does anything close to the 289 CObra or original AC. Missed my BIG chance back in '69 or '70 to BUY a complete "Cobra" replica company complete with prototype and all forms, jigs, tooling, etc for a song. But college got in the way.

Wait a few years or after someone has a wreck with a Sol and it'll appear on "Pimp My Ride", complete with an X-Box in the trunk.

The ultimate body kit for the Sol would be your choice of '68 Firebird HO complete with slight beak nose and chrome bumpers, OR a '63 split window 'vette.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think a body kit is perfect for the Solstice. Those fenders are just begging to be flared out. As long as it follows the lines of the car and isn't some modified rice kit it should look nice. Body kits are meant to enhance the appearance of the car. What wrong with that?

I've designed some kits in the past and I'm currently working on a few for the Solstice. I'll post some up at a later date. It may not be your cup of tea, but it's not your car that would be modified.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I am with the folks that do not want this car altered, if you want a Cobra then get one, or a Camaro etc.. this is a SOLSTICE/SKY and I am assuming the reason for all of you to be here, Pontiac/GM may do some modifications but not to the streems you guys are talking about.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i have to say thank you to the people who dont think this car should ever have a body kit.... but not because i agree with you. i am thanking you because that means that my car will just be that much more exclusive! i dont want anyone on the planet to have a car just like mine. not because im selfish, but because i love it when people see something they havent seen before and ask what is it? :cheers:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I think it will be interesting to see what the body kits look like for this car. How about some spy shots or something? :) I hope they don't go too far and make the ricer crowd target the car, but it might be nice to see some subtle variations. Just like the blacked out bumper grills that a few people mentioned they liked, there is some room for changes that woudn't ruin the look.

I always thought it would be a neat idea if auto manufacturers designed cars with a couple of different variations in front/rear bumper covers or fenders so that people could choose slightly different looks when they order their car ... sort of a Mr. Potato Head approach. :D

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I've never seen a SEMA car that looked good. They are always over-the-top and are different just for the sake of being different. The performance parts sound great though. I just hope that they keep the body mods classy and subtle. Duel exhaust is #1 on my list of wants for the Solstice.

·
Registered
275 Posts
stang said:
I've never seen a SEMA car that looked good. They are always over-the-top and are different just for the sake of being different. The performance parts sound great though. I just hope that they keep the body mods classy and subtle. Duel exhaust is #1 on my list of wants for the Solstice.
oh, i totally expect them to go overboard, but that gives the rest of us ideas to work with. :thumbs:

·
Registered
381 Posts
stang said:
I've never seen a SEMA car that looked good. They are always over-the-top and are different just for the sake of being different.
Exactly. Every kit I've seen to date looks like a bunch of tacky crap that adds weight and ruins the lines of the car. This is a different sort of car. It doesn't (in my opinion) need "ground effects", spoilers, fender flares, etc.

Do I think the Solstice is perfect as-is? Heck no, the front end turns me off, to tell you the truth. I just don't see how sticking something else on it is going to make it any better. The Shelby Cobra doesn't have a lot of that stuff, it's a simple, basic, function-over-form automobile. Everything is functional. That, to me, is what's important.

Here's what I'll say to you guys who disagree, as an effort to being open-minded: show me a body kit that will change my mind. Seriously. Show me something that I will think looks good. Maybe there's something out there I haven't seen, yet. Convert me to your viewpoint.

·
5,600 Posts
Rickady88GT said:

First, you are going to see a grown man cry. :cryin: Imagine there is no Sky (sorry for sounding like John Lennon, there). And imagine there was only a 2006 Solstice. Now imagine that the 2nd generation Solstice looks just like the current Sky. I would be very upset they "ruined" the Solstice by abondoning the "beautiful curves" for "post-modern creases and angles".

Second, I am going to buy another 1st Generation Solstice for a spare, and plan on keeping one or both of them for the rest of my natural life (hoping one of them is a coupe!).

Of course there is a chance the 2nd Generation Solstice will look better than the 1st Generation, just as there is a chance Gravana's body kit will improve the Solstice's look. A very, very, very, very smallllllll chance.

(Still and all, I'm very curious to see what they come up with. Maybe they will be the huge odds and actually improve the Solstice's looks.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Okay, I checked out their site and these guys seem to keep it pretty tastefull. I guess we'll find out.

Here is something I'm very interested in. I want a grill like the one on the top of this pic for the Solstice. It would add a little depth to the front end. :yesnod:

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a similar thought.... the only body mod I would make is to the grille, but it would only be to pull the honeycomb plastic and replace with a CTS-V type wire grille.

·
5,600 Posts
Audio Imagez said:
I think a body kit is perfect for the Solstice. Those fenders are just begging to be flared out. As long as it follows the lines of the car and isn't some modified rice kit it should look nice.
Now that's the trick, isn't it. The factory could do it ala Porsche TurboCarrera if they choose. I can't see a bolted on body kit doing the same thing... Besides, how much wider do you need the car's body and track to be? It is bordering on absurdly wide as it is.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I have a 2000 Miata. Half of the fun is doing "tasteful" modifications. I've added everything from grill inserts to interior opera style lights (the Miata interior lights go out as soon as the doors are closed). I've even added a light kit so the rear license plate lights go on as soon as the trunk is opened even if you don't have your main lights on ( the trunk lights on a Miata double as the license plate lights which are mounted to the underside of the trunk) Modifications are fun and add the personal touch. I just don't touch sheet metal. I have the skill from working with my father for 8 years in the body shop of the local GM dealership, I just don't like the look of most cars after the sheet metal has been reshaped from it's original design. Just personal taste.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts