Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought it'd be a good idea to keep track of the aftermarket parts that will be coming out soon (many probably will debut at SEMA next week).

Looking around at Fidanza's site just a minute ago, they've got the Solstice listed with a replacement Aluminum Flywheel (Part #198011) and plate #'s to be announced. Still nothing on Magnaflow's exhaust.

Drivetrain:
Fidanza Flywheel

Exhaust:
Magnaflow Catback Exhaust

Forced Induction:
J Body Performance - 2 Turbo Kits (300HP and 400HP)
PSI-FI Motor Sports - Turbo Kit (300HP)
STS Turbo System - Turbo Kit

Multiple Parts:
Gravana - Body Kit, Exhaust, CAI, Springs & more
Kappasphere - CAI, Springs, Exhaust & more
Stainless Works - Headers & Catback Exhaust

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I don't see any parts for the Solstice on these sites... what gives?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of them have announced either directly or indirectly that will be offering products, yeah you can't really buy any of them except the Stainless Works headers and exhaust at the moment.

With all of the stuff that's coming out it's gonna be hard to keep track of it all.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am surprised then that you did not include the items from the 2 site sponsors Kappshere and Gravana? They have both announced several products.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're right! They're in there now.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Should we be advertising these sites if they are not supporting vendors?
I know what you are trying to do, and it's apprectiated.. but isn't it unfair to Kappaspear and Gravana?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can see what you mean, maybe only list sites/companies that are offering products not offered by Kappasphere and Gravana? Like the Turbo kits and headers.

I guess I'll wait and see what the mods want.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Adrenaline said:
I can see what you mean, maybe only list sites/companies that are offering products not offered by Kappasphere and Gravana? Like the Turbo kits and headers.

I guess I'll wait and see what the mods want.
If you remove the links to the non-supporting vendors and just mention the products they're making that should be ok. If they also don't sell their own products like Fidanza you can leave a link to them too.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Done!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
BRSolstice06 said:
anyone hear about any chips or a box with multiple computer programs in it that you can flash the Solstice with ... like the Xcalibrator ...
Nothing official yet, hoping SEMA will hold the answers to a lot of our performance needs.

·
Registered
245 Posts
We're going to offer a header as soon as we do some fit and finish testing.
We're also going to do a centrifugal S/C system, but chances are that will wait until after we take delivery of our Sky next summer.
Don't link to our site because we're not a supporting vendor yet - as soon as our header is tested and ready for sale we will be.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Has anyone put in a performance chip?I,ve seen a couple on ebay an wondered about them.Sez it does,nt void warranty,has 15 to 25 hp gain an has a $20 price. Seems to good to be true.Going crazy waiting for a envious.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Mrtoycrazy said:
Has anyone put in a performance chip?I,ve seen a couple on ebay an wondered about them.Sez it does,nt void warranty,has 15 to 25 hp gain an has a $20 price. Seems to good to be true.Going crazy waiting for a envious.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Your new avatar is great...you really are the funniest person on this forum!!! And pretty darn good with Photoshop too!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Mrtoycrazy said:
That's because it is too good to be true. A real performance computer upgrade or piggy-back caosts several hundred dollars. Those items on ebay are intake sensor resistors that tricks your engine into running as if it actually had cold air coming in even when it doesn't.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
Mrtoycrazy said:

Hey, I've got a castle in England I'll sell you cheap. If you don't want that, how about some Gulf-front property in Louisiana (used to be called something like New Orleans)? :devil:

Do a search and you will see that these have been discussed on different threads. I didn't think it was worth the time to do the search for you since you will find they are worthless wastes of money. However, by doing the search yourself you will learn a valuable new skill that will benefit you when you come up with more questions during your wait for delivery.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts