Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information as to when aftermarket performance products will be avaliable for the Sol? I just ordered mine and the dealer said it should be delivered in about two or three months.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Judging bt the common response of "IT'S ALREADY PERFECT THE WAY IT IS! BLAAAAAA...." (Probably from the same guys who use 'golf clubs' as their means of trunkspace measurement <Grin> ) I've already come to terms with the fact that aftermarket products are going to have to be custom made, for the most part.

So, maybe start warming up your wallet now. <Sigh>

::devious

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Actually, it looks like GM is planning on having lots of aftermarket goodies available for this car. Do some searching for aftermarket or performance parts for similar threads. Here's a recent one about Gravana parts ...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3200

Also, keep in mind that a couple of months sounds like an overly optimistic schedule for delivery. Production is just beginning and they have not ramped up to full speed. Combine that with the fact that most dealers have sold out most or all of their first four-month allocation and it's hard to see how your car will be ready so soon. Something like 10,000 cars (roughly half of the planned production for the first model year) have already been sold. There is a lot of misinformation out there at dealers, so do some searching here and you're likely to find much more accurate info. You should also find out where your order falls in the dealers' allocation. If you happened to find a dealer with very few of their allocation slots filled, you're very lucky. Be cautious if they won't tell you how many they have been allocated or where your order falls in the queue. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
There will be a huge after-market for this car. You have to give it a little time since companies aren't going to put stuff out for a car that's not out yet.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
First items are going to be official warrantable parts right over the counter from GM which include:
  • cat-back dual exhaust
  • free-flow cold air intake
  • suspension lowering bushings for ?racing?
  • behind the head wind deflector
  • front bra (consider it like a swimmer practicing with a drag suit and then competing in race attire, if your car goes fast with the bra on it will go a little bit faster naked
:lol: okay the last one is tongue-in-cheek from an old swim coach :lol:

Rumors abound also that GM may even offer an over the counter blower kit as they do now for certain engines.

Don't forget your local NAPA for NOX, just enough room in trunk for a bottle.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Be sure to check back after November 4 when SEMA has ended. I will be posting all the products I see from the show here. Many others will be doing the same I'm sure.

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Or any details about the "Video" upgrades??
gravana1 said:
Audio/Video Upgrades (We are working with Boston Acoustics on several options, including a G5 Subwoofer kit that requires only ½ Cubic Ft. of rear volume space.)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I happen to know some people who are working their butts off to get aftermarket products for the Solstice in your hands ;) KappaSphere and Gravana are doing the same. Word on the street is GM has all kinds of their own stuff in the works for this car, similar to what Toyota's TRD did with the last Celica, and we're all sure the hardtop will happen, it's just a question of when. Hang tight for a few more months, because anyone who's developing parts for a car NEEDS the car in the first place. I'm sure there are plenty we haven't even heard of yet who may step forward at SEMA. :cool:

www.SolsticeTuning.com

·
Registered
182 Posts
There are a few other companies that will be announcing new products later this year, with production schedules to follow. At the time we received our production Solstice, two other companies were also awarded cars. We have been tinkering for a few weeks now and the opportunity for aftermarket parts is great. Additionally, Gravana is sharing our car with other manufacturing partners to ensure a wider selection of Solstice products from which to choose.

Jim

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
achieftain said:
First items are going to be official warrantable parts right over the counter from GM which include:
cat-back dual exhaust
Just a quick note, but I don't believe the cat-back will be a dual exhaust, just a cat-back to improve airflow (but still a single muffler and exhaust pipe), with some after-market exhaust tips also available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts