Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
What Bill said. I don't remember and no longer have the invoice but figure out which headunit you want and call them. They wouldn't acknowledge that it would be plug and play but that's exactly what it was. I did manage to damage a wire connector which turned out to be the steering wheel controls but a call to them helped troubleshoot it and a new connector fixed it. My fault not theirs. The steering controls was the blue wire if that helps you at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
on the steering and chime module you get with the gm3000sw harness there are 3 wires black, brown and gray. black goes to the white with black stripe that is the swc ground not chassis. brown key 1 goes to the dark blue that is swc +. if you install a radio with the swc wires it will be key+ and brown key#+.

so brown/key1 to dk/blue+ and bridge to radio key1 or key1+, and black to white/black swc ground.

gray key 2 and brown black on the radio are not needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
My choice for aftermarket stereo...

Hi folks,
One of the important features I wanted on a stereo was a volume control knob. I hate to try and feel for a volume up/down push button without having to look for it. The knob is easy to find and adjust. Quick and simple. Thus I went with the Kenwood Excelon DDX396 for an aftermarket stereo. I too purchased it thru Crutchfield. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DDX396/Kenwood-Excelon-DDX396.html?awcp=1t1&awcr=309974074781&awdv=c&awkw=+kenwood++ddx396&awmt=b&awnw=g&awug=9020306&gclid=CjwKCAjw4ZTqBRBZEiwAHHxpfkKzlT-3eV9oMhFhUMlFAxaTgoQqMV7Bzt4_GV26OyHdDKpopJXPERoC4DMQAvD_BwE They were great to deal with and prompted me with all the cables I needed to make it work based on my model of Solstice. I also used their "chat" feature while ordering and it was not only quick, but accurate advice. They also email you instructions on how to pull the dash and other parts of the Solstice apart for installation instructions. Shipping was fast too. The deck sounds great with the factory speakers and I already have in hand a set of JBL component speakers for the front as with a JBL low profile powered subwoofer. These are going to be my winter project when the car is parked, so looking forward to the upgrade. As you can see in the pictures, I even added a red Solstice for the screen background on the stereo display. This deck is loaded with features. At the time of the stereo install, I did install a back up camera and it has a very nice appearance on the back of the car. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FZTJM8G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I should add, with the top down, the screen is a little hard to see in full sunlight. But I suspect this would be the problem on most any stereo.

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts