Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a company that has some beautiful wheels available. The wheels are tasteful and not too bling bling. They are forged wheels and not cast. Even the center hub can be made to order. The wheels are very expensive but the nice part is they CUSTOM make each set to fit your car. The wheel selection for the Sol is pretty limited right now although that will change. These would be a nice albeit expensive addition to any Sol.http://www.hrewheels.com I am looking at the #540 or 546 myself.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Mysterious1974 said:
I found a company that has some beautiful wheels available. The wheels are tasteful and not too bling bling. They are forged wheels and not cast. Even the center hub can be made to order. The wheels are very expensive but the nice part is they CUSTOM make each set to fit your car. The wheel selection for the Sol is pretty limited right now although that will change. These would be a nice albeit expensive addition to any Sol.http://www.hrewheels.com I am looking at the #540 or 546 myself.
I was told that the factory wheels perform better than the aftermarket wheels . Because they were designed for the car

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends on who you ask. There are many aftermarket rims that are designed to be lightweight for better performance. The Sol would probably benifit from a slightly smaller rim. Also the forged rims would be alot stronger than the cast ones. Style wise there is no comparison. IMHO

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Went to the dealer to get a price on the dealer installed wheels pontiac accessories they wanted nearly five hundred each. way to much i am getting the chrome plated wheels a bargain at 795 for them, seen them on a black sol and they look great :cool:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
wow I take it u have alot of pocket cash HRE rims cost alot of money I think u are looking at around $4000 and up. and that is just for the rims alone. There are alot of other company's out there that offer light weight racing wheels. You can try Rota or Volk. Volk racing wheels are just as nice as the HRE's and are pretty much half the price.
well good luck with your shopping.
becuz you know we all have to support the after market parts for the Solstice :yesnod:

·
Registered
214 Posts
HRE are top shelf. The quality/performance will be better than OEM. You really can't compare the two - especially since the HRE are way more expensive.

Our wheels aren't as expensive but are very high quality and made for us by Volk. Check them out HERE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts