Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks...

Just wanted to give you a first glimpse into one of our upcoming projects in development as well. This front side fender was inspired by the concept solstice: the SD-290. However, there were some subtle changes made to the design that were incorporated in order to make it functional and non-interfering with the traingular mounting bracket behind it. Anyways, this is the first stage of development and I'll be dropping in a functional grill insert which I thought could offer different design possibilites down the road. Let me know what you think. Thanks, rudy.

·
Registered
759 Posts
hey folks...

Just wanted to give you a first glimpse into one of our upcoming projects in development as well. This front side fender was inspired by the concept solstice: the SD-290. However, there were some subtle changes made to the design that were incorporated in order to make it functional and non-interfering with the traingular mounting bracket behind it. Anyways, this is the first stage of development and I'll be dropping in a functional grill insert which I thought could offer different design possibilites down the road. Let me know what you think. Thanks, rudy.

Love your spoiler..and now the new fender vent..! Now get to work on the matching single scoop hood..!!!

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Rudy, with all due respect, don't you have other "in development" products that you could bring to market before you develop new ones?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Lol, either way that is one sexy pannel, still love that sd290 concept. Rudy, why not just develop the whole front facia with the gxp-r style holes in the front and add your recesed grill. And any plans to make something for the sky?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rudy, with all due respect, don't you have other "in development" products that you could bring to market before you develop new ones?
No reason not to come up with some cool new concepts while waiting for manufacturers and the production process. I like the fender, looking forward to the eventual on the car shot or rendering.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey Bob...

Thank you for the concern. It's appreciated.:yesnod:

However, I've got a couple of current projects that are in the works behind the scenes which include most of the 'in development' projects and others that are not. And since these projects are funded by me alone, I can only produce and release each one in 'their' time. Since I can't just sit and idle while I wait for these developing projects to elevate to the next level, I'd like to use this time to start up new projects to get the interest and ball rolling simultaneously. Each project requires it's own special attention when it gets to a certain level before the final stage. So, I juggle all of them at the same time and try to get each one of them to the finish line at 'their' own pace. This process also allows me to keep from focusing too much on one item and eventually burn out. Been down that road too many times.

BTW, I managed to spit this photoshop rendering out quickly so you can see how the fender looks on the car. Sorry I couldn't get the colors/shadows/highlights exact. But you get the picture.;)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
wondering / don't hurt to ask right?

i've been wantin norm's vented fenders- its a budget and priority issue or i'd a been having his..lol

if you want a another fit test car ........or some real life results of the vents actual advantages etc.......

i would sure like to see how much difference it makes - maybe you'd like to know too
i have hptuners and can scan the actual differences ....if it makes a diffrence

. and with the boosted 2.4 its an issue......

don't hurt to ask !.........figure i'll hit you up a pm too......
... anyways looks nice- keep up the good work !

·
Registered
230 Posts
they look great I would put them on my car as soon as done if price is good. any idea on price yet?

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
hey Bob...

Thank you for the concern. It's appreciated.:yesnod:

However, I've got a couple of current projects that are in the works behind the scenes which include most of the 'in development' projects and others that are not. And since these projects are funded by me alone, I can only produce and release each one in 'their' time. Since I can't just sit and idle while I wait for these developing projects to elevate to the next level, I'd like to use this time to start up new projects to get the interest and ball rolling simultaneously. Each project requires it's own special attention when it gets to a certain level before the final stage. So, I juggle all of them at the same time and try to get each one of them to the finish line at 'their' own pace. This process also allows me to keep from focusing too much on one item and eventually burn out. Been down that road too many times.

BTW, I managed to spit this photoshop rendering out quickly so you can see how the fender looks on the car. Sorry I couldn't get the colors/shadows/highlights exact. But you get the picture.;)
Thanks for the reply Rudy. I appreciate your candor and yeah, I can't see you sitting around while you wait for others to come through with manufacturing. You might remember that I purchased your spoiler a year ago and I love it. I would be interested in your front grills when the time comes and I get the money put aside.

Your products are exceptional and this fender is no exception. I look forward to seeing this come to fruition as I know many others are. It surely will be a great product. :yesnod:

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Good looking vent, I'm just wondering if it will clear the hinges of the vertical doors. If you need a test fit, let me know

·
Registered
99 Posts
Rudy,

Your front side fender project looks great. The fender and side skirt combo really enhance the car's appearance. Look forward to this being available too.

Thanks for keeping these products coming

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
That looks very good, would be interested in what kind of price, as others have asked.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks very good, would be interested in what kind of price, as others have asked.
Prices have not been determined as of yet as we're still in the preliminary stages of the design. We should have a better assessment when we actually start prototyping and figure the costs of production will be. At this point, I haven't finished this concept yet for machining purposes. But, I'll be posting progress pics as we go along.

BTW, I had a request to possibly photoshop a dual vent version of the fenders in a rendering to see how that looks. Let me know what you guys think of this second version. Thanks in advance. rudy

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Definitely like the single better. I'm more of a subtle sort of guy, and I think most of your other products are that way...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts