like the single vent better duel looks to large

·
Premium Member
10,383 Posts
The single ones.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I actually like both styles, but I lean more towards the dual style because it's a little more unique.

I'm definitely interested in these when they come out.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I like both

·
Registered
759 Posts
I think the dual vents do look better! Gives the Solstice a unique style...and seems to fit perfectly. What an idea!!!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I like the single, but the dual could be seen as homage to Pontiac dual design language. I'll assume the grills can be chromed by the customer.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I think the problem with the two openings is the cross brace will have to be modified. You single design won't have a brace issue but like Critterman says, we may have an issue with the Lambo Doors.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ok,

Here's the latest rendering with the grill insert in place and some color added to it for more realism. I'll be cutting out this vent detail in CAD and sending it to my machinist to get a mold made. Afterwards, I'll forward both left and right molds to my fiberglass contact and have some prototypes produced.

FYI, I currently have the sideskirt foam molds in my possession and need to add a little finish work to complete them before sending off to the vacuum-formers for final prototyping. Hoping to have these prototype final skirts done within the next couple of weeks and will send them off to my fiberglass contact if no other glitches appear along the way. Anyways, onward.

rudy

·
Registered
42 Posts
More SD290 goodness…

The single vent front side fender looks good, but I would really love to see this front clip as an aftermarket product someday…!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Update...

The side fender molds have been received by my fabricator and they'll be building the molds this week. We should be receiving the first prototype set shortly for fitting. Once fitment has been confirmed, we'll be following up production afterwards.

rudy

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Update...

Got some preliminary updated pic of the side fender in progress. It looks like we might be seeing some real results within the next week or so for test fitting. rudy

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Update...

I received the prototypes a couple of weeks ago and managed to finally test fit them on my sol. There are a couple of minor issues (more nit-picking than anything) that I have noted on the parts and will be sending back tomorrow to our glass guy contact for some minor finessing on the molds themselves. Once the molds are updated, they'll send me another set to install and will take pics of them afterwards. From this first initial test fit, there are no modifications needed on the triangle frame that lies behind the panel as the vent pocket clears all around without issues. The overall look with the panels installed and the sideskirts included looked better than I expected. I can't wait to get the final set back, painted and installed. Once the final set has been test fitted and everything looks good, they'll be released for sale to the public soon after.

rudy

21 - 40 of 55 Posts