Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...

Here's a few preliminary image renderings of some heat extraction vents for the hood. Nothing fancy, just simple and clean.

I'm probably going to do another concept which will include an intake with or without the extraction vents. Let me know what you think.

top view:

close up:

perspective view:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it looks pretty damn sick :)

Keep up the great work Rudy !

Those are the same shapes as your fender vents right ?
Yes, they're just a bit larger than the side vents. I wanted to keep the same consistency between the both parts (hood and side panel). Plus, I like the clean and simple look on these vents. I'm going to try to add an intake that won't distract too much but yet be noticeable on the hood. Thanks for the cudos.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
YES!!!!

That's awesome. I was going to try to incorporate Grand Prix vents, but this rocks...

Damn, between you and Norm I'm going to end up replacing nearly every panel on the car... :willy:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Oh, and I would definitely be interested in an intake WITH the vents... maybe something similar to the Z06? (shaped to go with the vents, of course)

·
Registered
517 Posts
YES!!!!

That's awesome. I was going to try to incorporate Grand Prix vents, but this rocks...

Damn, between you and Norm I'm going to end up replacing nearly every panel on the car... :willy:
:agree:

But its going to look damn EVIL when you get it done. did I mention I like evil?

Oh and hopefully not "upgrade by collision" this time.

<note to everyone only one of his upgrades on the current car were his fault, other upgrades were caused by morons who couldn't be bothered to see brake lights and stop for them.>

·
Premium Member
10,345 Posts
Rudy those are nice, but I do wish someone with your CAD knowledge would incorporate the 2008 Viper hood concept into the Solstice.

·
Registered
97 Posts
hey all...Here's a few preliminary image renderings of some heat extraction vents for the hood. Nothing fancy, just simple and clean.
I'm probably going to do another concept which will include an intake with or without the extraction vents. Let me know what you think.
It looks great! Was the vent placement: aesthetic? a hot spot? A low pressure area? Will a SKY part be made available to us? -J

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
That is looking like the best after market hood on the market. I would think about buying it depending on price range.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
You da man!

May i suggest an intake in close proximity to the headlights...just expanding the overall shape.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I really really like it, nice job.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
how about a hood for the SKY? :devil:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how about a hood for the SKY? :devil:
I'll eventually make one and other parts for the sky community as I already have the CAD files for this vehicle in my possession. I just want to complete the full line for the solstice first before I tackle another vehicle. I'll make announcements on the sky forum when I'm ready to do so. Thanks for the inquiry.

rudy

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I'll eventually make one and other parts for the sky community as I already have the CAD files for this vehicle in my possession. I just want to complete the full line for the solstice first before I tackle another vehicle. I'll make announcements on the sky forum when I'm ready to do so. Thanks for the inquiry.

rudy

booooohhhhh!!!!!! :cuss:

hahaha! jk!

come on Rudy.........give some love to the sky owners! :devil:

Only product I have from you are the BLACK side markers! :)

ok ok.....I'll be patiently waiting for the Sky hood. Hopefully, it will be very soon and functional so more air will come in! thanks rudy! :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts