Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wouldn't mind having an extra Aftershock ducktail spoiler, but when I went to the site, nada. Just a blank screen, that's it. It doesn't say the website is available or anything, just a blank screen. I believe I have the latest version of Adobe Flash, but still nada. So I keep searching and find an address of Aftershockdesigns.moonfruit.com, I click on it, and boom, there it is. Kinda of weird.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aftershock finally downloaded for me, it took several attempts but it's working for me know. It may have something to do w/me switching to a newer browser. The reason I was trying to check the Aftershock site is because I wanted to make sure it was still up before emailing RKSports to ask if they still manufacture the AS rear ducktail spoiler. I didn't want to trying mailing AS directly because the last I knew emails weren't being answered.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
Aftershock finally downloaded for me, it took several attempts but it's working for me know. It may have something to do w/me switching to a newer browser. The reason I was trying to check the Aftershock site is because I wanted to make sure it was still up before emailing RKSports to ask if they still manufacture the AS rear ducktail spoiler. I didn't want to trying mailing AS directly because the last I knew emails weren't being answered.
The last time I checked RKSports would make it, but only if Rudy ordered it, and since Rudy never checked his web site or email . . . . it never got made.

Keep us informed. Thanks.

:dunno:

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Keep us informed. Thanks.
:dunno:.
This is RK response, notice they didn't directly say they still make them, but I guess if they are forwarding the email to Rudy I guess they are. Maybe RK has Rudy's personal email. Let's see if I get a response.

Hello

I forwarded your email to Rudy with Aftershock,

We’ll see if he answers you directly so it’s up to him regarding their spoiler.

As far as the timframe on once ordering our filler: Approximately 3-4 weeks
before it would ship.

Thank you,

Frank- Sales
RK Logo-new2
26900 Jefferson Ave
Murrieta, CA 92562
Tel 800-214-8030 ext 103
Fax 951-894-7920
RK Sport Hoods

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
the recessed grilles seem to break up the bulbous look of the Solstice frontend.... has anyone on the forum tried them?

I just looked at DaveOC's link to Norm, and I definitely don't want to cut up my grille inserts.. can't tell how Aftershock's system works????

Bill

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
can't tell how Aftershock's system works????
Aftershock supplied both the rims and the grills. However they were molded from plastic that was very brittle, and the grills had a lot of flashing that had to be removed by hand - a long and laborious process.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Aftershock supplied both the rims and the grills. However they were molded from plastic that was very brittle, and the grills had a lot of flashing that had to be removed by hand - a long and laborious process.
when I looked at the Aftershock website it said that they were not happy with the quality and they weren't currently available because they are looking at making changes....

as to labor intensive, Norms requires cutting and trimming the rim from the original grille; not an easy task either to do right.. besides ruining a perfectly good part...

Bill

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
On Aftershock version the styrofoam energy absorber has to be modified in order for the recessed grills to fit. I'm going to assume the same will have to be done for Norms version.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
On Aftershock version the styrofoam energy absorber has modified in order for the recessed grills to fit. I'm going to assume the same will have to be done for Norms version.

Yep. He said so over on KP. Damn, those grills look good on your Sol. These pics are why I am going with Norm"s Recessed Grills for the Coupe. I thought about Race Mesh but I want to keep the Coupe returnable to stock. Apart from some trimming of the bumper foam you can remove Norm's grill and pop back in your back up set of OEM honeycomb grills and you are back to stock.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
For anyone who'd like to pick up an additional OEM energy absorber bumper. Also might want to check w/Hoosier GXP for one.

ABSORBER. GXP Bumper/Fascia Energy Absorber Part Number: 25971689 ; 25777840 $122.12 (I have no idea why there are two part numbers.)
ABSORBER. Bumper/Fascia Energy Absorber for 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP TURBO. #25971689

Base;
ABSORBER. Bumper/Fascia Energy Absorber Part Number: 15920757 ; 15799942 $122.12
ABSORBER. Bumper/Fascia Energy Absorber. BUMPER/FRONT for 2008 Pontiac Solstice Base. #15920757

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
You aren't cutting the whole thing away, just two small sections. Cut mine back in 2009 with no ill effects. Don't sweat cutting it, it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Here's the part that has to be trimmed, the center section is the OEM raised part, and then you have to trim several inches off the left and right side. I started using a hacksaw and then my last blade broke, so I ended up using my solder gun, and it cut through the foam like hot butter. I then took a file and smooth it out as much as possible even though you don't see it with the fascia covering it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts