Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have or know someone who has a set of the recessed grills that they never used or took off when they sold their Solstice etc ? I'd love to buy a set of them if there are any out there. I posted a "want to buy" thread in the for sale forum a few years ago and never really had any luck. I was in contact with Rudy for a while and he was gonna make a Chrome version and I was in line for the first set but he never finished the project.

So if anyone knows of a set sitting in a garage somewhere... I would love to give them a home on my Solstice.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
You might want to look over on the performance kappa forum. There is an effort by some there to make some recessed grills

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Name of the thread on the Kappaperformance forum is Solidworks Solstice Grills. Believe CAD files have been created and next step will be prototyping. It took several years for Aftershock to develop theirs and it may take several years for these. Just have to be patient because both are/were being developed by individuals as a sideline rather than a company would for profit.

Good news is it sounds like these will fit better and be made out of a different composite because the Aftershock version installation tabs tend to bust off due to the brittleness of the composite which almost looks like plaster paris.

Also, don't expect them to be cheap because finding a company to make small batches of custom parts tend to be expensive. They'll be more a labor of love then any idea of making a lot of profit. Regardless, almost everyone who knows that Sol's was never produced w/recessed grills really like them.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I wonder if Norm could come up with a better looking grill design?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys for the replies . I did read the thread on KP but it sounds like that could be a while in the making. I just thought I'd throw it out there if someone has a set or is selling their Solstice with a set and parting out back to original.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
I'd sure like to get my hands on some of these as well. Sure wish the guy at Aftershock would start making products again.
Anyone know if any of the website products are available? RKSport was making the rear spoiler but if you contact RK then send an email to Rudy. That's the main reason I waited until someone offered their used one because I wasn't sure the Aftershock order would ever get processed.

Same reason I waited for a used set of Gravana wheels even though I believe there's enough interest for a limited reissue the manufacture doesn't seem to be interested. I would have preferred 19s but purchased 18s because it's not often you see a used set of Gravana J2 (Monarch 410) offered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts