Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

IF you are considering a Kappa purchase, what is your age as of today?

• 16-20

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • 21-25

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • 26-30

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • 46-50

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • 51-55

• 56-60

• 65 or older (I just ran out of options)

Votes: 1 2.5%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a poll I always wondered. No reason to worry about being anonymous - I marked the poll so no-one can see who checked what.

Gonna post a bolder poll after this one. Just for demographics.

I will check off my own after the first three responses.

AND NOW, THE POST WITH THE POLL (will try not to fat finger it again!!!).

·
Registered
753 Posts
yes i'm turning 50 this year.... and i'm working it.
my first inclination was to purchase a new triumph motorcycle, but my wife talked me out of it- bless her heart she must want to keep me alive.
that is when i started looking at a sports car as a fallback. i was expecting to pay 30k plus ( audi tt, bmw Z4,honda S2000). the only roadster under 30k i could find was a miata and after driving it i was ... well.... underwhelmed.
not to say that i was happy with my other choices.
the Audi TT quattro/turbo=outside my budget, golf chassis and big turbo lag
honda s2000=test drove it-you can fry an egg on it after you wound it up above 6-7k to find the power
bmw z4= i own a bmw '3' series sedan and love it, but this Z4 is just plain ugly
i stopped looking when i found the solstice on the 'net. beautiful open 2 seat roadster with a modern chassis and powertrain for 20-25k. the only problem is I want it now, and i have to wait.

·
Registered
667 Posts
cdb said:
yes i'm turning 50 this year.... and i'm working it.
my first inclination was to purchase a new triumph motorcycle, but my wife talked me out of it- bless her heart she must want to keep me alive.
You might want to try the bike too! Nothing like it, but it does have its risks. The rewards make it worth the risk, at least for this 55 year old.

·
Registered
753 Posts
i had a bike before i was married- a yamaha 750. it was my first and last bike. when i first got on it, i'd be doing 40 mph and feel like i was doing 80-over time my sense of speed became acclimated to the point where i would be doing 90mph and felt like could hop off the bike and jog alongside it...90 was just too slow. upon quiet reflection, i decided at the time that i would certainly kill myself if i kept the bike, and let it go.
that was twenty years ago, and i never wanted another bike until i saw a triumph speed triple at a stoplight. i was in love.
however i think i've done the responsible thing.... i transferred my deathwish/motorcycle craving to a impractical but safer craving for an open roadster. did i mention that i'm turning 50?
bob lutz may have saved my life by building this car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice collection of Demographics

Gentlemen (and Ladies)

I have just turned 58 and have followed the Solstice since I first saw a photo in some Magazine more than a year ago. I had the good fortune to see the prototype in Albuquerque this summer and fell completely in love. I will own one of those beauties when they become real.

The reason I'm writing is that when looking at the numbers in the poll I see a wide age spread. The great thing about that is proving the concept car and the decision to build Solitice was sound. The pricing is perfect. Low enough to attract an old guy like myself, I will most likely get the car drive it for a few years and give it to my grandson. It will hopefully be well received by him and not cost him an arm and a leg to keep happily running on the road. The wide appeal is giving me comfort in the choice.

I just purchased a new Ford F150 Super Crew, so the work-a-day vehicle is in place for the next five or six years. My beloved wife considers the choice of driving machines mine alone. I don’t choose her shoes or dresses she doesn’t pick my cars. :smile

Keep it Simple and Happy Motoring to all
:patriot

·
Registered
667 Posts
pajarito69 said:
My beloved wife considers the choice of driving machines mine alone. I don’t choose her shoes or dresses she doesn’t pick my cars. :smile

Keep it Simple and Happy Motoring to all
:patriot
Now that's a good plan! It's interesting that there are about the same number of old farts as younger ones. First drive impressions should be pretty diverse. I can't wait until we all have something to test drive! :cheers

·
Registered
535 Posts
Turning 35 this year. Love the freedom that 'Verts give you. I also wanted a car I could tune and mod. I looked at an older Miata first as there was not enough improved in the new ones to warrant the extreme price difference. I also was just getting into online car forums and did not find enough well manufactured turbo's and other upgrades for the Miata when I was looking and the few I test drove had quite a few miles and would have needed a fair bit of repair work on top of the modifying. So, I bought a brand new '03 Tiburon to play with, however I have sank enough money into it now that I'm not sure I can take the loss to jump into the Solstice upon release.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
As we saw before, it appears the demographics for the car are fairly evenly spread across all ages. I am feeling a little young among some people here at 26, but there is nothing wrong with that! :thumbs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts