Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please don't request any classified details about me, my work, my location, etc. All signs point to me driving a 2006 Pontiac Solstice. I’m absolutely beside myself here. I’ll post my impressions of course, as I have time. My driving time will likely be limited. Much more information will follow for those interested info-starved ladies and gentlemen.

My apologies should first go to the legions of those who've yet to see the Solstice first-hand. I wish everyone could have seen it in person by now, it's beautiful. Like Jessica Rabbit in roadster form. It makes the new MX-5's design look like it was created by warring committees for a resulting design that is sort of asexual, timorous and uncommitted by comparison. But I'm sure the MX-5 drives really well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Remo said:
...It makes the new MX-5's design look like it was created by warring committees for a resulting design that is sort of asexual, timorous and uncommitted by comparison. But I'm sure the MX-5 drives really well.
Mazda should be VERY worried. I spied a new MX-5 on the freeway yesterday with dealer plates. The Miata is a great car, but I've seen so many Miata's on the road, and it's grown wearisome to my eyes. The new look is terribly boring, a bit tacky, and overall, tired.

While a car shouldn't be judged on looks alone, looks are a a big part of the appeal of a car, and in the looks department, the MX-5 is a big, big loser to the Solstice. The MX-5 that I saw already looked dated. It didn't look like a "new" car, and with those distinctively ugly, undersized, sharp-edged fenders, it didn't look like a "classic" car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Saw a solstice on Aviation Blvd in Linthicum Maryland (just down the road from BWI airport). I had to do a double take. I was tempted to give chase, but there was too much traffic for me to get ouf of the turn-lane I was sitting in... :( It was an absolutely stunning car. It really was.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
jomo said:
Saw a solstice on Aviation Blvd in Linthicum Maryland (just down the road from BWI airport). I had to do a double take. I was tempted to give chase, but there was too much traffic for me to get ouf of the turn-lane I was sitting in... :( It was an absolutely stunning car. It really was.
That figures! Until last week I WORKED right near BWI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
Hopefully I'll see them in Howard County if they're over by BWI.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
I cannot wait to see the Sol and Sky, it's been forever I've been on this board and watching these cars, hopefully soon one will arrive soon so I can "see" it finally! I'd give chase to see one, no problem (given the right traffic conditions)!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
And I thought this would be a discussion on whether Aggressive Driving is a trait or is it influenced by the ignorance of a majority of drivers on the road and if the government should pressure aggressive drivers to curb their driving habits or institute better learning programs for inexperienced, as well as the veteran, to help better educate them to regard the safety of others while sharing the road instead of blantantly disregarding it all in the name of convenience.

But anyway, have fun with the car. I know you will.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a quick update: Apologies, no drive today, but tomorrow. I got another look at the Sol today, though, and the body panel fit appears to be much better than other examples I've seen on the forum. In fact, fit is as good or better than my 2004 Civic in most places, but not as tight on the upper/lower side fenders. Slight wrinkles in the back of the top, but I kinda like how it looks sort of rakishly unkempt that way. The pics will tell. I have a few photos that are coming off my camera to the computer as I type. I'll need to blur license plates from innocent bystanding vehicles before posting, and I don't have attatchment-posting authority for this form yet anyway. It'll be a little while yet, sorry I posted before getting any actual wheel-time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Audio Imagez said:
And I thought this would be a discussion on whether Aggressive Driving is a trait or is it influenced by the ignorance of a majority of drivers on the road and if the government should pressure aggressive drivers to curb their driving habits or institute better learning programs for inexperienced, as well as the veteran, to help better educate them to regard the safety of others while sharing the road instead of blantantly disregarding it all in the name of convenience.QUOTE]

All very important points, perhaps for another topic. Maybe I'll retitle my thread to something less clever. (I'd argue it's bit of both nature and nurture here, instigators begetting instigators, like with monster trucks, Scientology, and Manheim Steamroller.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Duly noted. I'll post the link when I've edited the photos(with 4megapixels and the shine from the car, you can see a whole mirror image of things I probably should remove). I'm slow in PhotoShop, too, unfortunately....
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Ok, here are my hastily edited photos on my new favoritest website, Putfile! The photos start early in the morning and show our lovely southern steam-bath humidity beading up and rolling seductively down the hood. Camera kinda fogged up too, for that gauzey 40's glamour look. Let me know if I'm wrong about how good the fit appears to be. I'm just a mouth-breathing moron when it comes to some things, and I know some of you people are just lunatics for details. Here ya go, hope this works....

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815385785.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815392756.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815411381.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815435846.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815450178.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815454967.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/1981546199.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815470498.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815475881.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815483229.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815490342.jpg&s=x1
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Remo said:
Ok, here are my hastily edited photos on my new favoritest website, Putfile! The photos start early in the morning and show our lovely southern steam-bath humidity beading up and rolling seductively down the hood. Camera kinda fogged up too, for that gauzey 40's glamour look. Let me know if I'm wrong about how good the fit appears to be. I'm just a mouth-breathing moron when it comes to some things, and I know some of you people are just lunatics for details. Here ya go, hope this works....

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815385785.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815392756.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815411381.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815435846.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815450178.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815454967.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/1981546199.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815470498.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815475881.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815483229.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19815490342.jpg&s=x1
Thanks Remo!!! Great pictures, you're totally lucky!! Thanks for posting!

I loved the first picture - the car looks great even when wet :) The only other thing that I saw that you didn't mention was the maybe the front lights. I can't tell if it it's my bad monitor, or if it's the 40's glamour look thing, but was there condensation in the front headlights on the 3rd, 5th, and 6th pictures (from the top)??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Remo said:
Ok, here are my hastily edited photos on my new favoritest website, Putfile! The photos start early in the morning and show our lovely southern steam-bath humidity beading up and rolling seductively down the hood. Camera kinda fogged up too, for that gauzey 40's glamour look. Let me know if I'm wrong about how good the fit appears to be. I'm just a mouth-breathing moron when it comes to some things, and I know some of you people are just lunatics for details. Here ya go, hope this works....

Now thats what I am talking about...that is a good looking ride. Man the more I see red, the more I like it... thansk

:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
"I can't tell if it it's my bad monitor, or if it's the 40's glamour look thing, but was there condensation in the front headlights on the 3rd, 5th, and 6th pictures (from the top)??"

You've got me there.... I didn't notice any droplets on the headlights during the day (not that I looked for them). Hard to tell with all the moisture on everything.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
AverageJoe said:
The only other thing that I saw that you didn't mention was the maybe the front lights. I can't tell if it it's my bad monitor, or if it's the 40's glamour look thing, but was there condensation in the front headlights on the 3rd, 5th, and 6th pictures (from the top)??
I thought that at first too PJ, but if you look closely (3rd pic), it appears the condensation is actually on the outside of the light (Whew!).

WOW - wouldn't THAT be a nightmare...
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top