Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was picking up a few items in the Oshawa Center today and GM had a display in the center area by McDonalds and Old Navy. They had a Corvette, a Torrent, Cobalt SS, Cadillac STS (or something like it) and an Aggressive Solstice. I was cracking up when someone asked the rep how much power is in the car and he replied (with a dumb-founded look on his face), "185 HP... 2.5 litre engine... I think...” Being the Solstice fanatic that I am, I jumped in and told the man the real stats. The GM rep then started asking me questions so we had a nice little chat. I think he wanted me to work the stand instead, LOL!

They had a pre-production model on display (chiclet on the door) with VIN 100176. The wrinkles in the top near the buttress and large gaps between the panels were really prominent in this model. If you haven't seen one in person, now's the time to check it out. Unfortunately, the rep wouldn't let me sit inside or even get near the car.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Funny you mention this! I was there around 12:30 today and noticed all the cars there. I didn't stop to take a look but there were some people standing around looking at the cars.

I like how the Corvette and the Solstice are center stage on a raised platform with the rest of the cars around them.

·
Registered
404 Posts
theres a red one on display in yorkdale mall. i didnt see it but i heard about it from a friend

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
CndnSol said:
Being the Solstice fanatic that I am, I jumped in and told the man the real stats. The GM rep then started asking me questions so we had a nice little chat. I think he wanted me to work the stand instead, LOL!
Nobody likes a smart-ass knowit-all!

Good job! We become experts from all the knowledge we gain from these giants here on the Forum. As others have pointed out, we seem to know more than most Pontiac people.

It is our duty in life to help the knowledge-impaired of the world!

EDIT POST: Oops, I forgot whose thread I was on.

Meant to add an "eh?"

·
Registered
509 Posts
Min0r said:
theres a red one on display in yorkdale mall. i didnt see it but i heard about it from a friend
I called the Yorkdale information number and the lady who answered said they had one on display last week but she wasn't sure if it's still there or not. Anyway, since I really wanted to see a red solstice, I went to the mall hoping it's still on display. But, unfortunately, it wasn't. :(

I hope someone post here if and when they know an Aggressive is on display in a mall or dealership. I would really love to see one in person. Thanks!

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

Originally Posted by CndnSol
Being the Solstice fanatic that I am, I jumped in and told the man the real stats. The GM rep then started asking me questions so we had a nice little chat. I think he wanted me to work the stand instead, LOL!

Your comments reminded me of when I took delivery of my car. I had been talking to the salesman for months before it came in, telling him all about the specs, the cup holders and all the other details I had learned from this forum.

When it finally came in and he was delivering the car he started to tell me things about it then stopped, and commented on how I new more about it than he did, how about I show him the features.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
CanSol said:
Your comments reminded me of when I took delivery of my car. I had been talking to the salesman for months before it came in, telling him all about the specs, the cup holders and all the other details I had learned from this forum.

When it finally came in and he was delivering the car he started to tell me things about it then stopped, and commented on how I new more about it than he did, how about I show him the features.
Do I detect a slightly swollen head? Yep! :)

But you deserve it. You taught him everything he knows about his product!

·
Registered
404 Posts
yea elixer i went today to see it for myself because i think i might change from black to red and they didnt have it there. If you really want to see one though i think there might be one at the royfoss dealership. i know they have five solstice's but i dont know what colours they have them in.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Min0r said:
yea elixer i went today to see it for myself because i think i might change from black to red and they didnt have it there. If you really want to see one though i think there might be one at the royfoss dealership. i know they have five solstice's but i dont know what colours they have them in.
I was at Roy Foss dealership last Tuesday and they had a Cool Solstice on display. That's all they had unless some came after I left. Anyway, I was at Bayview Village today and they had the same Cool Solstice on display in front of the Gap store. And it's the exact same Cool I saw at Roy Foss last Tuesday. I know because it was the same VIN # Y100944. I'm surprised the car hasn't been sold though with all the people waiting months to get one.

Anyway, I was there for an hour just admiring this beautiful car. I must have sat in it at least 10 times. Not a second passed by without someone stopping by just to admire the car. Old, young, men, women, kids and even toddlers were drawn to the car. People couldn't believe how beautiful and affordable it is. Best comment I heard was "it looks like a Porche" :lol:

I think I will call Mark at Roy Foss and ask him to give me a call if an Aggresive shows up at their dealership. I will probably be ordering mine next month........

·
Registered
404 Posts
yea the cool and the sly are all over dealerships. I saw the one at bayview, one in pontiac mill and one at addison on bay (which is were i ordered my car) - There used to be one at wonderland but i never got to go see it :cuss:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Min0r said:
There used to be one at wonderland but i never got to go see it :cuss:
The one at Wonderland was located beside the Hammer ride (looks like an octopus and everyone faces inwards) and the Cyclone (large swinging disc where you face outwards). It was black with two tone interior and polished rims and it was preproduction (chiclet on the door).

·
Registered
158 Posts
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
Min0r said:
If anyone gets close enough to this one to check the VIN, let me know if it is ...1729. Mine is missing in action and I'm wondering if they are sending it around the world as a display ? ! :lol: :glol: :brentil:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
CableStooge said:

If anyone gets close enough to this one to check the VIN, let me know if it is ...1729. Mine is missing in action and I'm wondering if they are sending it around the world as a display ? ! :lol: :glol: :brentil:

hey! yours is the closest vin to mine that ive seen / heard so far! I got VIN 1715! COOL! :lurk:

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

gizmo2004 said:
Do I detect a slightly swollen head? Yep! :)

But you deserve it. You taught him everything he knows about his product!

Sorry for the late response buy I have been in Toronto all week.

No, I wasn't trying to sound important. I meant that I was able to learn so much from this forum that i knew more than the dealer about their own car.

Thanks guys and gals for all the knowledge that comes from this site.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts