Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there was a solstice at a local dealer's event on saturday. i got to sit in the solstice for the first time and i am quite pleased. the interior was clean, uncluttered and ergonomically correct. the leather seats were firm and bolstered but not overly narrow (like the s2000 i tested...i fit but very snug, and i'm 5'11 and 180 lb, not a huge guy). all the knobs i handled operated smoothly. the shifter is very very nice. i ran through all the gates a couple times... short positive throws and located just perfectly for a natural reach from the driver's seat.
also got a call from a buddy in the car business who coincidentally was at times square where this red car was on the previous day, and then went to the plant on saturday and saw / sat in/ started but did not drive preproduction solstices. he was practically crying because those cars are destined for the crusher accoding to the pontiac people. everyone who sees these cars come away impressed.

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
Looks hot, but I prefer Black still.

·
Registered
72 Posts
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
thanks for the pics, were there any pics with the top up?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no top up.... this is preproduction and we couldn't get the rear lid to open. there was no 'lanyard' in the storage nook between the seats and the rep was wasn't sure how to operate the key fob opener......so no peek at the trunk.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
This is the first time I noticed... This is one GIANT intake resonator! I think that'll come off pretty soon after I get mine home. Just gotta come up with a cap for it...

Maybe the GMPP airbox will delete that piece. It's only there to muffle "undesireable" intake noise. Undesireable being only a matter of popular opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
AHH!!! Red! :eek: :crazy: :willy: :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
2KWK4U said:
This is the first time I noticed... This is one GIANT intake resonator! I think that'll come off pretty soon after I get mine home. Just gotta come up with a cap for it...

Maybe the GMPP airbox will delete that piece. It's only there to muffle "undesireable" intake noise. Undesireable being only a matter of popular opinion.
That's what I'm hoping too. What I'm really hoping for is they just take the C5 intake they used to sell and hook it up to the Solstice. :D Twin filter input with a straight pipe to the intake.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Is there any color that this car doesn't look good in? Wow, beautiful.

One of the best looking cars that the General's come out with, evah!

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Beautiful pics, now I want red. I'm not happy about the crusher destiny although it makes some sense in that the cars don't do more than 20mph..

·
Registered
137 Posts
These shots of the red look deeper and much better IMHO. Very Hot!
:cool:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Wow! I must say that looks awesome! The red probably looks a bit deeper since it's in the shade. The car I have now is red and it takes on different shades depending on the light. In some lighting, it almost takes on an orange tint, but other times looks fire red.

The one thing that is slightly disappointing about red is that the taillights blend in ... I really like their shape and design, but they're not as noticable as on the gray colors.

Thanks so much for the pics. If anybody gets another chance to take pics of the red car, try to get a head-on shot with the hood closed and a front-side angle shot so we can get a better idea of the overall look for that color.

·
5,600 Posts
Aaaaaarrrgggpppffftttt! You just had to go and show me these, dincha? JUST when I was feeling smug that the Envious green color was a shoe-in, you just had to show me these wonderful photos. Well I hope you are happy.

All I can say is, "Magnifique! Bravo! The redder the better. I think I'm getting red. Or green. I don't know anymore!"

At this point, I'll have to see all the colors in person, in sunlight and at night before I'll be able to decide. I just don't know anymore. But thanks for the great photos. I mean, that red looks exceptional on that car. I'm really sold. I still like a darker more elegant color, expecially one that contrasts the fine tail lights better. But now, I just don't know.

·
5,600 Posts
The Batman said:
Is there any color that this car doesn't look good in?
No. Seriously. The Solstice is like the old Mustangs and VW Beetles. Like them or not, they were perfectly proportioned cars of compact size and looked good in any and every color. The Solstice is too. Just some colors are better than others but none will look bad.

·
Registered
218 Posts
SlySol said:
Wow! I must say that looks awesome! The red probably looks a bit deeper since it's in the shade. The car I have now is red and it takes on different shades depending on the light. In some lighting, it almost takes on an orange tint, but other times looks fire red.

The one thing that is slightly disappointing about red is that the taillights blend in ... I really like their shape and design, but they're not as noticable as on the gray colors.

Thanks so much for the pics. If anybody gets another chance to take pics of the red car, try to get a head-on shot with the hood closed and a front-side angle shot so we can get a better idea of the overall look for that color.

I wasn't able to make it to this dealer for the Sat. car show they had, but i did take a few pics of this sol a few days before when it was in their showroom.
I would've taken more shots but that white chain kept getting in the way.
It's there til tomorrow so i might go back and try to get a few more.

You're right Sly about the lighting affecting the color. Hard to believe it's the same car.

Check out the color coordinating waterfall. Hadn't seen that before.

Attachments

·
5,600 Posts
That is a damn fine color. Damn fine! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
hyzer said:
I wasn't able to make it to this dealer for the Sat. car show they had, but i did take a few pics of this sol a few days before when it was in their showroom.
Great pics ... I've been looking for one like your first shot for a while now. Can't believe you've been holding out on us. :) I didn't like the color-morphed pics of red, but the car sure looks good in person.

hyzer said:
You're right Sly about the lighting affecting the color. Hard to believe it's the same car.
No kidding, it seems to change a lot. Yeesh ... the flash kind of turns it into a putrid shade of orange at certain angles. Don't think we'll have to worry about it under normal light though ... I liked the pics of red in full sunlight that I've seen also.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for the photos. I'm convinced the first
Solstice I get to see will be mine when it gets to the dealer. You folks are lucky to have them come to your neighborhood. Is there any way to know what dealers are going to be getting these for display?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The red really does look like it changes colors. You can see how the top of the door looks almost orange under those showroom lights. You guys are making it so difficult on me to pick my color!!!! Black will probably still be my choice, but.... whew... this is tough!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts