Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone has pics (no photoshoped...) that show an actual red and black solstice from the front, back and side??

Please I'm trying to make a decision between one of the two...sorry can't afford the two, the wife needs and A3 in March next year...

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are great ones on Mysterious but not Aggressive and that's what I was looking for....

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Be careful, it's not as orange as some of those pics look.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Also, there are a bunch more pics of different colors here ...

http://solstice.inner-ninja.com/oregon_solstice/

there are some good red ones in there if you feel like browsing through them.

Yeah, Mceb is right ... most don't appear as orange as some of those pics. But the Sol seems to shift colors like a chameleon more than any car I've seen ... everything from the leather that looked black and tan in some pics to the exterior color on several of them. Oh well ... hope it gives you a better idea anyway.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Latin, I have had both black and red cars, over the years. Here's some observations that may help you in your decision:

Red

1) Looks very sharp on a roadster and really stands out.
2) Unfortunately, it really stands out to law enforcement, too. "Arrest me red" is more than a joke. ;)
3) The red cars I've had seem to weather well.

Black

1) Looks very sharp, too, and is really "in" now.
2) Tends to be "stealthy," at least IMHO.
3) Shows dirt, scratches, and any imperfections like crazy. I'm not sure I'll ever get a black car again, because of this reason alone.

Anyway, some things to consider.

CK

·
Registered
64 Posts
LatinGod said:
Does anyone has pics (no photoshoped...) that show an actual red and black solstice from the front, back and side??

Please I'm trying to make a decision between one of the two...sorry can't afford the two, the wife needs and A3 in March next year...

Thanks
I am interested in aggressive and as I understand it, aggressive is the same as victory red used in other cars in the GM lineup, like the reds for Grand Ams, Sunfires, and one of the several reds for the Corvette, as well as some other GM vehicles. The only way to really know how you like the red is to actually see how it looks on a car, the various pics can all be different. So I went to a Pontiac dealer and took a look at a victory red Grand Am. Personally, I really liked it and my new Solstice will definitely be Aggressive. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Woooaaa!!!! Thanks for the aggresive pics Luv them....and yes I know it going to be a hard decision to make....I'm inclining towards mysterious....does anyone know whats goign to be the output numbers for each color??? percentage wise maybe???

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
No official source on the color breakdown, but you can take a look at the color poll here ... with almost 500 people responding, it should give you a pretty good idea.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2423

You can also check out "The List" of the first 1000 cars to see the colors on those we know. However, keep in mind that the first 350 VIN #'s were all black, blue or green and paint color has been a factor during production. Also, there are some large gaps in VINs that are unaccounted for, so it may tend to give a false impression until it is complete. For instance, cool and aggressive were just seen in production for the first time last week, so we have no idea how many there will be. The color poll above would probably give a better idea of each color's popularity for the time being.

http://ddz.net/solstice/

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have owned a few cars myself. Red does stand out well, and looks magnificent clean. It hides scratches well, I know due to the Red Hemi i own at this time. Red does hold very well over the years. But the best color would be the grey ones because they hold up better in all conditions. My wife’s Mazda 3 v6 is a darker grey and we live in Texas where we get all kinds of weather. Dirt, and dust blends well with this color and looks good even if its dirty on your car, not as bad as others. But it is all up to the minds eye. What "Candy" do you like to see. Eye Candy that is. If it where up to me, which i am still undecided myself, it would have to be either the RED (Aggressive) because of the HOT FACTOR and SEX APPEAL it GIVES, or the Grey (Sly,<---Better / Cool)... Either way think on this...

It's a Solstice, no mater what "Flavor" you get, it'll still satisfy the dimmest of taste buds.. Period. :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts