Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has developed an air leak where the top meets the rear bottom part of the glass on the drivers side door. The dealer just wasted my time and money. So, just looking to pick your all's brains. Thanks guys and girls!

·
Premium Member
18,482 Posts
The window is adjustable for height and lean angle. If the top is functioning normally, look to adjust the window

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. My mechanic has had the door panel off with me standing right next to him and he looked at it and said he saw a high adjustment but not a forward and backward adjustment. I was wondering if you could describe the lean adjustment to me so I can either show him or tell him where to look? I love my car but it's pretty annoying, it also let's water in if I'm driving on the freeway during a moderate to heavy rain.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Rob I think he wants to know how to make the adjustment. There is or was a post on how to adjust the window but don't where anymore. GLWR to window.

I do know at the Wilmington Plant some tech did adjust them and didn't remove the door Panels at all .

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually just looked at the passenger and drivers windows and the drivers window looks as if it might be slightly further forward than the passenger. I could be nuts too though.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Thank you for your reply. My mechanic has had the door panel off with me standing right next to him and he looked at it and said he saw a high adjustment but not a forward and backward adjustment. I was wondering if you could describe the lean adjustment to me so I can either show him or tell him where to look? I love my car but it's pretty annoying, it also let's water in if I'm driving on the freeway during a moderate to heavy rain.
not sure but check the door jam near the catch. I do know it only took him a couple minutes to fix it .

Hope this helps .I'm getting Older and don't remember everything all the time .

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
On Lindas' Solstice we make sure the "ball and socket" weatherstrips are fully seated before latching the top. Also don't close the doors by pushing on the glass, push on the outer door handle. Hope you figure out what went wrong.

·
Premium Member
18,482 Posts
I have the same issue. I am going to adjust it. The shop manual has instructions. It's been a couple of years since I looked at it but I know it's there I will dig it out this weekend.

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
I never close the doors with the top down and glass up - too little to support it's weight when it shuts.

And yes, always push the doors closed with the handles, especially if you keep your paint very well kept. I kind of got the stink eye from the wife when I asked for her compliance with that little rule. Then she saw the smears she left on the paint from the hand lotion she'd just applied before we got out. She apologized. Begrudgingly. lol

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I'm getting a whistling sound from the left rear side on the 06 but it's always been like that. I just figured that's how convertibles were. My 08 does not do it but it has the liner where the 06 does not. I'll have to sit in the passengers side and see if it makes the same noise and if not, then look for the adjustment. On the 06, I'm getting water inside from the car but it's coming from the front where the latch is. I need to find where that adjusts.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I just changed a window regulator on my car a month ago or so.

These windows are way easy to adjust:
(Give me a bundle of bannanas, and I could teach a monkey how to do it. :lol:)

1. You can adjust the "tilt in/out" of the window in or out with the adjustment on the bottom of the door. The main rail attaches to the bottom of the door by sitting on a pin that is anchored to the door. You loosen the nut on the pin, and it will slide around in all four directions.

2. You can adjust the "tilt forward/aft" of the window with the the anchors that hold the window. Just loosen the mounting bolts and tilt the window. This is also where you can adjust the position "forward/aft" just by sliding the window within the anchors.

3. I do not recall seeing an adjustment for "in/out of entire window". Typically this is done with the main door adjustments. But sometimes there is a way to adjust the main rail mounts. If memory serves, our cars do not have this adjustment, so if the entire window sits away from the top frame to much, then the door would have to be adjusted. Typically, I have only seen a window this far out of adjustment on any car, if the vehicle has been in an accident.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
That's great GS, I just might get me a bundle of bananas and give it a whirl. so how difficule is it to remove the door panel? is it the typical snap and tuck with an occasional screw or what?

Also, according to carfax, the 06 was involved in an accident before I got it. However, I think it was to the back and the one with the drivers side damage was one I was looking at while I was shopping.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Door panel pops off easy:

There is one screw towards the aft, down maybe 10 inches or so. After that is out, pop the panel loose with putty knife (or actual door tool if you have one). Then the panel lifts up off the top edge. The wiring harness all disconnect. And the door handle has a clever little hook that comes loose. (pay attention to this, because it has clever way to reassemble as well)

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
Is there not a screw behind the interior door handle also? I know you have to pop the panel out from behind it - it sits very neatly tucked into that pocket and is easily overlooked.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.