Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to spend the morning yesterday at the Airaid (www.airaid.com) R&D facility in Phoenix Arizona getting the R&D process started for a cold air intake system specifically designed for the Solstice. As you all know any one can throw a few pipes together with a high flow air filter and call it a cold air induction system but Airaid will actually be testing the performance of the product as it goes through the development process so that they maximize the potential Performance gains for the final system that they will release to the public. They will have my Solstice in there R&D shop for 4 days total over a 4 week period, a small price to pay for the cause I guess.

I will keep you all informed of the status of the unit as it gets closer to completion and finally for sale on there web site.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sweet, thanks for the news!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Have them give you some before dyno graph images and post them here!!! We want to see what our engine looks like on paper.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going in next week, I'll get the dyno results if they do it next week. I'll also post it on my web site as it develops further....

·
Registered
670 Posts
Free one?

Are they going to at least give you a free intake for the use of your car? Sounds only fair. :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
:agree: with Brian!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
You should ask for before and after Dyno sheets, this way you will really know if it does make a difference.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will get the before and after Dyno Sheets, I'll post them on my site as they become available. Also, Yes I will be getting a system at no cost to me for the use of my car.... :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
chefmartin said:
I will get the before and after Dyno Sheets, I'll post them on my site as they become available. Also, Yes I will be getting a system at no cost to me for the use of my car.... :)
A little more ooomph is all I ask for. Doesn't have to be neck snapping but quicker means funner! Is that a word?????

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
solkool said: "quicker means funner! Is that a word?????"

Yes, I saw it in a dictionary in the California edition of Websters. :)

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
The Air Raid works great on my Burb, so I am hoping it works as well on your Sol. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I put one on my Miata and I could really notice the difference. This would be a nice "cheap" horsepower mod for the Sol for those of us who don't want to start talking about a full engine mod or a turbo system. Sounds great. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I will keep you all informed of the status of the unit as it gets closer to completion and finally for sale on there web site.
I see they never produced it.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see they never produced it.
Your correct, I'm not sure what exactly happened but from what I was told a year ago was that they had a few other projects in the works and when they got the time they would call me.....then never did! So in the end I went with a Fujita.....And now there are 4 companies that produce them and there not one of them.....

Martin Scott-GMR

1 - 17 of 17 Posts