Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had passenger seat airbag recall completed, about 3 months ago , no one has sat in passenger seat since , the other day I pulled car out of garage to clean garage and went for a ride around the block , as I was driving , beep sounded and service airbag light came on as did air bag symbol , after trying to figure things out , I see that my passenger air bag light goes on when sitting in passenger seat and off when not , my question is, can this be a problem with driver airbag sensor ? cannot find any info concerning drivers side airbag , when searching it always comes up with passenger seat airbag , not sure which sensor side . Thnks

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
There is no sensor on the driver side... there will always be an adult driver, so the airbag is always engaged. Given the on/off status of the passenger side, it would imply that the sensor mat is fine. This sounds like a problem elsewhere in the system. You'll probably need to go to the dealer to read the codes - I doubt a regular OBD reader will show anything for this.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,244 Posts
There is no driver airbag sensor, but there are bunch of different air bag components that could be generating that message. Best to take it to a GM shop and have them run it through their diagnostics.

There is no driver airbag sensor because when the car is being operated it is assumed that there is a driver in the driver seat.

(y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts