Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you who don't have a VIN yet......

If you are still sending me emails for updates, I am taking them, but the flow is REALLY high right now, and my time is limited. Please send an email with the subject reading FIRST 1K NO VIN so that it will get sorted into the right file, and then I can use a mnemonic device to remember which ones I have replied to. It's a crude system, but the best I can handle for various odd reasons.

If you do currently have a VIN#......
Sorry guys, I don't have any new information. Does that sound familiar? That's because there is not too much more I can tell you. My system doesn't show TPW's or delivery dates. It shows event codes. I can see that it is bayed, I can see that it is on transportation hold, but I can't see that it is on the back of a truck on the Jersey turnpike headed for charleston.

Thank you again for your patience, and I hope I make your lives enriched, cause that was the original idea.

and the money...

·
Registered
177 Posts
you were of great help a few weeks back, and now I wonder about some theories about the EXTRA delay and what you may think...

I'm VIN 180 and it was due in San Diego the 29th of August. As of the 25th (and this has not been updated) it was not released to the carrier (whatever exactly that means). On 08/10 I had an event code of 4150. Dealer still has no new info.

So... theories on the delay...

1) I'm in the SW corner of the country and shipping only ONE car is not cost effective.
2) Its in a trainyard somewhere awaiting others to fill a carrier (example- 2/Phoenix,1/San Diego, 3/LA, 2/Riverside... or other Pontiacs to fill carrier.
3) Its temporarily in a showroom somewhere between Delaware and SD.
4) There was a minor flaw w/ something that needed correcting.
5) There is no real excuse for the added delay.
6) FEMA was in charge. ( weak attempt at humor exacerbated by my wait...did make a Red Cross contribution).

·
Registered
462 Posts
You have been a great help to all of us Cricket!

I don't know WTH we'd have done with out you.
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say...

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
It's lashed to the deck of a freighter headed 'round Terra del Fuego. Remember, it's late winter down there now. Should get here in time for Summer '05 as promised (that's Argentina's summer!). And you thought salt corrosion wouldn't be a problem in San Diego. :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lepiane said:
you were of great help a few weeks back, and now I wonder about some theories about the EXTRA delay and what you may think...

I'm VIN 180 and it was due in San Diego the 29th of August. As of the 25th (and this has not been updated) it was not released to the carrier (whatever exactly that means). On 08/10 I had an event code of 4150. Dealer still has no new info.

So... theories on the delay...

1) I'm in the SW corner of the country and shipping only ONE car is not cost effective.
2) Its in a trainyard somewhere awaiting others to fill a carrier (example- 2/Phoenix,1/San Diego, 3/LA, 2/Riverside... or other Pontiacs to fill carrier.
3) Its temporarily in a showroom somewhere between Delaware and SD.
4) There was a minor flaw w/ something that needed correcting.
5) There is no real excuse for the added delay.
6) FEMA was in charge. ( weak attempt at humor exacerbated by my wait...did make a Red Cross contribution).
in response to your list ....

1. shipping is never cost effective.
2. probably close to the real story. More like in a bay somewhere....
3. Absolutely no way is in a showroom somewhere. Absolutely not. HQ will back me up on that one...
4. Ties into # 2, and is most likely factual.
5. Is there ever an excuse? Maybe a reason, but never an excuse. I say they probably have your best interests in mind anyways, so good luck in your wait. I am setting a personal goal of hoping dreamweaver's car will be here by the 15th.
6. The situation in New Orleans is dire, and everyone down there appreciates whatever help you could give. thank you from the bottom of my heart.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks again Cadillacricket :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
lepiane said:
As of the 25th (and this has not been updated) it was not released to the carrier (whatever exactly that means).
GM doesn't ship the cars themselves, they have a company that does that. up here it's GenAuto... i'm not sure if it's the same company in the states.

Anyhow, Released to Carrier means they have parked your car in the carrier's lot for them to load it on a truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts