Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

All-Red Tail-Light / Reverse Light Lens?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  MonkeyFunkMN 
#1 ·
I think(?) I saw somewhere an all red lens for the tail light/reverse light but I find nothing about it in a search of the site and a more general internet search. Does anyone know more about this?

Thaks in advance.

Terry

#2 ·
haven,t seen any solid red reverse lights. You could probably buy small sheets of red plastic and make your own. I have never liked the looks of the half red, half white we have in the Sols. to me, they resemble aftermarket trailer lights. Part of the problem with the Sol lamps is that they are not round. They are slightly oval. I replaced mine with GMC Envoi fog lamps. The lenses are clear but if you wanted them to light up red, just switch out the bulbs to red LEDs.

Bill.

Attachments

#3 ·
Myself and others have switched to HHR back up lights which have a clear center with red reflector around. They look much better in my opinion but do require some work to make them fit since as joybill mentioned the Sol lights are not round. Easy enough if you are at all handy with power tools.
I tried to down load a pic and found that tinypics is no longer functional. Anyone have a free picture download site. Photobucket pi$$ed me off so that one is out of the picture (pun intended).
There are threads on this site that have discussed in detail how to do the back up light swap.

Reactions: MonkeyFunkMN
#7 ·
#5 ·
Wow!!! I’m amazed at how good the red lens looks with the red car. Kind of impressive. I went way further out to left field with my swap and won’t get lost into it too much, but I replaced mine with some that I made using and envoy fog housing but move the backup lights under the bumper and set back out of site. Then used the back up location for secondary stop lights with a flasher like the fire trucks and ambulances have on them. I want all the warning I can give out back so that I don’t get run over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.