Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK who is taking all the good FL plates?? I just went to get my new plate--needed to renew sine my birthday is soon--I wanted the new wave patten which allowed 5 places First I went for SOLFN---taken -next I tried SLSTC and that was taken I then had to give up on the plate I wanted and had to go to a 3 and 3 pattern and a different plate. Got SOL (manatee) FUN at least the grey of the mantee will match my Sly car

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
zcellar said:
Is this something you can do online?
here in VA you can look for any number of plates and see if the vanity plate is available..reserve it....pay for it...and wait for it to show in the mail....car must already be in the DMV database to do this however!

·
Registered
73 Posts
zcellar said:
Is this something you can do online?
In Florida, I do not believe you can check on line (unless you have access to the DMV database - law enforcement, insurance personnel or state people).

·
Registered
105 Posts
CT and RI

PAO said:
here in VA you can look for any number of plates and see if the vanity plate is available..reserve it....pay for it...and wait for it to show in the mail....car must already be in the DMV database to do this however!
CT sounds similiar to VA. In RI it is still submit a paper form at the DMV. The in demand plates (low numbers are the hot ticket in RI) are done by lottery once enough get turned back in.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sorry!

Have had SOLSTIS since we ordered the car in April. Just got the car and they look great together! :cool:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Dmv

You can go to DMV office in Fla. and they can enter any combination into their computer that you want and tell you if it is taken. :cool:

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgot to say I knew I could do something with solstice with the regular FL plate but I like the fancy ones---

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
zcellar said:
CT sounds similiar to VA. In RI it is still submit a paper form at the DMV. The in demand plates (low numbers are the hot ticket in RI) are done by lottery once enough get turned back in.
but in VA you can do it all online...pick the plate....design the vanity...see what it looks like...and see if available....neat little system online

·
2,574 Posts
Pure Law said:
In Florida, I do not believe you can check on line (unless you have access to the DMV database - law enforcement, insurance personnel or state people).
You can download the forms to send in, however and do the rest by mail.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
PAO said:
but in VA you can do it all online...pick the plate....design the vanity...see what it looks like...and see if available....neat little system online
NJ has the same type of system. Used it to get my SOLST1S plate. Of course, it is still riding around on my Grand Prix. :(

·
Registered
895 Posts
In Cali you can do it online. Most everything good was taken. I purchased SOL E2D, (solitude). I am not sure if the car or the plate will arrive first. Car (1.....2578) was built on 10/5. Plate ordered on 10/6

·
Registered
98 Posts
If I was lucky enough to get a first thousand car it would be cool to just put the vin #.

Here's an idea, get 'YEP'.
Just point when someone says "Nice car!"

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
LUVnSOL said:
OK who is taking all the good FL plates??
No kidding! I thought mine would not be taken.

I gave the dealer 3 choices and they didn't deliver. They said they cannot get custom plates and that I have to go to the DMV and take care of it myself.

I stopped by the DMV yesterday. My top 3 choices are taken!

SOL MATE
SOL MAN
SOL M8

I don't know what to do now, I have one last good idea and I hope it's not taken!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I took SlySol back in July, been on my Altima for quite some time now. Only a few more days, hopefully, and it will finally be on my Solstice!! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
dori-san said:
No kidding! I thought mine would not be taken.

I stopped by the DMV yesterday. My top 3 choices are taken!

SOL MATE
SOL MAN
SOL M8

I don't know what to do now, I have one last good idea and I hope it's not taken!
Thanks for the post dori-san. I requested SOL Mate and SOLM8 thru my dealer when I got my Sol this week. Guess there is no need waiting for either of those. Hopefully my next choice will be available. :confused: I just requested a personalized plate (plain old FL plate), not a special, vanity plate so maybe I'll get lucky and at least get one of the things I requested.

I had quiet a run around trying to get a personal plate here. DMV said they couldn't help, that I had to do it through the dealership. So I went back to the dealer and completed the form, but they didn't have any way of checking to see what was available. DMV didn't tell me they could check on what was taken. Helpful folks weren't they?:(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.