Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My order was placed in mid July, on Aug 10 I stopped by my dealer and I asked if he had any update he said no they are still waiting to see how many cars will be in their allocation. I am #2 in line for the car at that dealership does anybody have a similar story?

·
Registered
177 Posts
from previous post by helpful member

Hello, for those of you who don't know me, My name is Cricket Staggs, I am a salesman at a Pontiac, Cadillac, GMC, Buick dealer in Missouri. I am posting to inform you all that, as some dealers are apparently too busy (I am being nice here), I would be happy to check the status of your car while it is in production. I can only check orders during the hours I work, 8-6 every day but sunday. There is no charge for this service (though donations will gladly be accepted), just remember that GM is a great company, just like any chain, they are only as strong as their weakest link. (note to GM: Hoping this will get me extra credit on my Mark Of Excellence) As there is limited space on my inbox here at the forum, I ask that you Email your VOM# to [email protected] . Thank you all for making this such a great site!!!

P.S. Options and colors do me no good, only the VOM # or VIN will tell me anything, but once I see that, I can tell you your Name, address, phone #, and the options that you ordered....

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Unless he's talking about his 2nd allocation, they got the first in April.

·
5,641 Posts
BlackEagle said:
My order was placed in mid July, on Aug 10 I stopped by my dealer and I asked if he had any update he said no they are still waiting to see how many cars will be in their allocation. I am #2 in line for the car at that dealership does anybody have a similar story?
Will post the duplicate answer to this question from your other allocation thread. mceb, you may even want to combine them.

Being #2 is good, but it is equally important to know #2 of how many. #2 of 14 is better then being #2 of 2. Depending on how many your dealer is getting, a #2 order could still be sitting in a dealer's order bank/pool. SO there would be nothing to update.

As far as the waiting to see part........Dealerships received their first four month allocation numbers in April. SInce then they have received reports that would have shown them how many cars they were getting in July (now past) , August, and September. They should even have a report that breaks August down by weekly dealer order cycles. So they should have more infomation then your post suggests.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
This allocaiton thing is a joke with the solstice. my dealer had 4 for his first allocation and only a car has been picked up so far by GM.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
This allocaiton thing is a joke with the solstice. my dealer had 4 for his first allocation and only a car has been picked up so far by GM.
Considering that not all of the first 1000 OR zero zip OR free maintenance OR outside the dealer due to the dealer playing games on ebay (Lake Ontario area of NY) have build dates, let alone VIN, it is not out of line to not see allocation orders "picked up". And as far as further allocations go, no dealer in the country would know what theirs is until all dealers know, whenever they are given out.

·
5,641 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
4 for the first four month allocation?

We are only in the second allocation of the second month. It dosen't surprise me that a dealer with an allocation of 4 hasn't received one yet. What does their allocation reports show for the rest of the August weekly dealer order cycle allocations and for September? The system is not a joke.

And I thought you said your dealer did recieve one, but didn't recieve a Premium Package allocation to go along with it?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SD, if you get a chance maybe a post here which I can into the FAQ on the 4 month allocation cycles (what months, allocation spread, etc.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts