Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure how much we know or can say about these topics but I just came from a visit to my dealer (had to show my face since it's been a while). I'll speak in generalities just in case this stuff is secret.

Short answer is it does sound like those who miss EOP won't be far behind if they get into regular allocation.

It sounds like dealers are starting to see their 4 month allocations for units after the EOP. My dealer sniffed around to other dealers in our area and it seemed that average size dealers would be getting about 1 a month (bigger dealers couple of cars a month). I know this stuff varies by region of country and other factors could be different in your neck of the woods.

He did seem to know the production start dates and it seemed that regular cars will not be too far behind the early order ones (think he had it as 2 weeks for EOP builds and then right into regular allocation builds).

Reading between the lines it sounded like he's got about 5 people stacked up for EOP. A little more than even a couple of weeks ago so it's building up a bit. He's hoping to get lucky and several EOP orders and then fill the rest off regular allocations.

He's already got some of his Solstice EOP stuff floating around the showroom.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Pretty cool.
I know my dealer got his allocation #'s last week, I jsut haven't been back since to see what his values are for thier dealership. They're supposedly the largest Pontiac dealership in my area.

·
Registered
228 Posts
brentil said:
Pretty cool.
I know my dealer got his allocation #'s last week, I jsut haven't been back since to see what his values are for thier dealership. They're supposedly the largest Pontiac dealership in my area.
Im curious who the biggest dealer in florida is. Im being told its the guy local to me but dont know if thats true or not.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Billabongi said:
Im curious who the biggest dealer in florida is. Im being told its the guy local to me but dont know if thats true or not.
Yeah I have no clue who the biggest in all of Florida is. I just know there's two dealerships in my area, and the one I'm going to is physicaly the largest of the two.

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
Billabongi said:
Those dealers should be in the South Florida area, ie West Palm, Fort Lauderdale, Miami. It should be by county instead of cities, Palm Beach, Broward and Dade.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Id tend to agree, but the ford dealership is supposedly one of the top 5 in the country. The toyota dealership is suppose to be somewhere high up there, so it would make sense the pontiac dealership would be a top selling one as well, but who knows.

All I know is I hope I can get an eop car or #1 in retail. Otherwise I doubt I can wait for a sol. I need a car by august.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, dates and allocation has shown up. Solstice start up date is May 31.
We are not the largest Pontiac dealer, we hold are own. I will say that our first allocation is at 7. I hope we get more :)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It generally takes GM a while to get a regular production car onto dealer lots in any quantity. The Sol's will be scarce for a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts