Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i almost leased a 350z last night for 350 a month with 3,000 down...to me thats a pretty good deal.....i used to be driving an mr2 spyder and i loved it, but i had to get out of the car cause i had a lot of negative equity...now i am driving an eclipse and i am miserable....so i was dying for a sporty car.....i was gonna pull the trigger but my wife had a good point...that since i couldnt afford the 350z covertible....that i would be kicking myself when the solstice came out and i was stuck in a coupe

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YOU'RE RIGHT THE SOLSTICE IS WAY BETTER LOOKING BUT THE CHROME HANDLES AND GAS TANK ARE VERY COOL IN MY OPINION...BUT U ARE RIGHT...WHY PAY MORE FOR A LESS CAR

·
Registered
12 Posts
I test drove a Z about 7 days ago and I didn't like it. Fealt heavy, not quick reactions and the brakes felt spongy (were the not Brembo ones, as I wasn't interested in the 35 thousandsdollar version). Also the engine may have 280hp but you don't feel them, as the car is too heavy. IMHO
Leased a WRX wagon last night. Love that thing. Perfect commuter car.

AG
03 GTI 1.8T
04 WRX Wagon
03 Honda 919
Waiting to test drive the Solstice.

·
Registered
55 Posts
IMHO they have dulled down the Z cars from nissan now...look back to the 300ZX man that thing flew!!! and now the 350Z is not that bad of a car but I think Jay leno said it best....there is nothing that really has enough to put this car over the edge, that final push to make it a exciting Z car to drive...or somethin along those lines...its was on C&D TV show.

·
Registered
535 Posts
It's not fair to compare the 300zx TT to the 350z. Even without taking inflation into account the 300TT was more expensive. The new Z is a bargain really.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Darkhamr said:
It's not fair to compare the 300zx TT to the 350z. Even without taking inflation into account the 300TT was more expensive. The new Z is a bargain really.
Yes this is true, and that is why it sells. The coupe, which I have weighs just over 3200 lbs. The ragtop knocks on a couple hundred. It is true, this car feels heavy as all hell - thus making it not incredibly fun to drive. I dont know about not feeling the power like you guys have said. It feels like a beast to me. I have gotten myself into some trouble with the traction control off - this car does not recover easily due to 50-50 weight distribution, so i reccoment keeping the TC on. The Z, I think, is a great sports car to have as a daily driver. It has cupholders, AC, power everything, seat warmers, ect. The Z has tons of power and actually handles quite well. Unless you are up against a C-6 vette or svt cobra, you are not likely to lose a race - if that is your thing. (The EVO and STI actually are pretty much the same speed, so that one depends on the driver)

The problem with the Z is... It puts me to sleep. It is a bore to cruize around in! I am looking for a fun car, and the Z just doesnt offer up.

-Whit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts