Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I'm reading, people are waiting (or expecting to wait) a long time for their cars. I ordered mine on 9/17 and I was told I would wait no more than 6 weeks. That's the end of October.

I was able to order a car from their allocation for October delivery because someone dropped out. Could I have gotten extremely lucky or is the dealer feeding me a load of BS?

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
october?

which One...2006 2007 ???

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hope you won't be disappointed when you find out it will be closer to march than October.........

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
GHM73 said:
From what I'm reading, people are waiting (or expecting to wait) a long time for their cars. I ordered mine on 9/17 and I was told I would wait no more than 6 weeks. That's the end of October.

I was able to order a car from their allocation for October delivery because someone dropped out. Could I have gotten extremely lucky or is the dealer feeding me a load of BS?
I think BS. My opinion.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Probably not BS

I just ordered mine pretty recently (end of august) and got the call last week that it would be built this week. I was the 4th order in line from my dealer. I think you just got lucky. Especially if it is because someone dropped out of the waiting list.

·
Registered
64 Posts
GHM73 said:

You could be extremely lucky! Where are you located?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Central NJ

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
GHM73 said:

This is not necisarily BS guys. As he mentioned he got an allocation car because someone dropped out. If the slot was early enough in the allocation this could be possible. If it's allocation 1, 2, or maybe even 3 of a large dealership 6 weeks could possibly be realistic. Also it depends on what the dealer meant. If he was refering to beign produced versus delivery that's a very believable timeframe.

However... if you're allocation 3 or above or at a small dealership getting your car actually delivered in 6 weeks is very unlikely. Being built in 6 weeks is possible though.

GHM73 what slot in this dealers allocation are you, and how large is their allocation?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
brentil said:
GHM73 what slot in this dealers allocation are you, and how large is their allocation?
Dunno. I can try and find out. The dealer's been pretty cool thus far, they should be able to tell me. they did say this allocation was for October delivery so would that make it 1st or 2nd maybe?

I know their allocation is pretty large though and they are a big dealer. The dealer is Coleman Autos in Lawrenceville, NJ if anyone else has any info that might help. I do know that they sold out their allocation already (at least for October delivery).

While I was there, there were 2 spots open. 2 people backed out the day before I went there. While I was there, 4 people came in to put orders in. I was lucky enough to get there ahead of them. And I got my GMS price, well under MSRP.

Hopefully luck will be on my side.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Did you have to take the car as ordered? If yes, then that would mean the car had already been picked up by the GM system and hence an Sept/Oct build is likely.

Sounds like you got lucky. Sure beats sitting around waiting like most of us have done. :brentil:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope. I got to spec it as I wanted it. It was an open allocation spot. I don't know which allocation yet, but like I said, they told me end of October delivery, from Wilmington, DE.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
GHM73 said:

Yop. Your Crazy.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts