Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a Sol so bad, but I found something that I can get right now and for a few pennies less. So, would I be crazy if I bought a 1996 Corvette LT1 that is black with the 2004 chrome 17in wheels, and it has low miles. I can always trade it for a solstice if I change my mind. Please give me your opinions.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
get the solstice theirs a lot of corvettes on the road I bet if these two cars were at a car show the solstice would get all the attention :cool:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Crazy? we all are, just about different things. :willy:

The "vette is 10 years old. Do you really want to care for a car like that? Lots of issues can develop that take time to resolve.

Personally, I am devoted to small Nimble cars, and the Corvettes I have driven don't meet that criteria.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Eastocean said:
Crazy? we all are, just about different things. :willy:

The "vette is 10 years old. Do you really want to care for a car like that? Lots of issues can develop that take time to resolve.

Personally, I am devoted to small Nimble cars, and the Corvettes I have driven don't meet that criteria.
:agree: plus you get a new car warranty

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
DFincher said:
I want a Sol so bad, but I found something that I can get right now and for a few pennies less. So, would I be crazy if I bought a 1996 Corvette LT1 that is black with the 2004 chrome 17in wheels, and it has low miles. I can always trade it for a solstice if I change my mind. Please give me your opinions.
1. Can you trade/sell the vette for what you will put into it when/if you decide to buy the solstice?
2. If you're after the Vette power, the solstice may be disappointing to you anyway... gotta know what you really want and what it is worth to you.
3. If interested, a friend of mine has a VERY NICE 2000 model vette with 36,000 miles, loaded up, for $20-21,000. It is Silver with the removable targa top.

Food for thought. Good luck.

·
Registered
928 Posts
If interested, a friend of mine has a VERY NICE 2000 model vette with 36,000 miles, loaded up, for $20-21,000. It is Silver with the removable targa top.
thats a freaking deal.

How cheap are you talking? under 15k? The C4 isn't really that great of a car so it needs to be pretty cheap. I priced Vettes back and forth and really wanted a C5, but the insurance would kill me. the truth of the matter is the solstice is really nice nimble car that is inexpensive. But it is NO corvette.

There will always be something cool about owning a Vette and if the reason you want a solstice is because for a short time "people at a car show will look at the solstice" then I think you are making the wrong decision.

If I was older and had a little change, I would get the Vette everytime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts