Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, as many of you already know, I ran out of gas Saturday evening 5:15 PM CST 11/12/05 coming back from High Noon In Texas. So, am I the first to do that?

And tonight 6:10 PM 11/14/05 I used the Solstice inflator, but I cheated, it was just to fill up my electric generator tires. But am I the first to use the inflator?

The inflator has two ways to connect: one gives you air only, the other gives you air with sealant. I took the generator tires up to 36 PSI in just seconds (they're small tires!).

The fuel tank took 13.562 gallons (.545 gallons from the portable container, then 13.017 from the pump). So the other .238 gallons cannot be accessed by the fuel tank (Specification says 13.8 gallon tank).

So, anyone else run out of gas or used the inflator yet? :)

Don't be shy, so what if we all laugh? If we laugh WITH you it's better than laughing AT you. :)

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Nope! You're not the first.

When Nix Sol had his accident I think I remember him saying that he tried to use the inflator.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dori-san said:
Nope! You're not the first.

When Nix Sol had his accident I think I remember him saying that he tried to use the inflator.
Too late, dori-san. Beat you to it! :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah, and I actually tried using the sealant too, i figured, what the hell, I'm getting a new one if i use it now for free, so what've i got to lose... :lol:

EDIT: Jeeze! beat to my own story!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But Nix Sol, I couldn't find any place where you said you tried the Solstice Inflator. Since you had major damage to the tire and rim, maybe you didn't bother with the inflator?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I wasn't using it to be practical (there were huge holes in the walls of both tyres) I was just using it to see what it did. Totally useless in my situation but sortof fun...

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nix Sol said:
I wasn't using it to be practical (there were huge holes in the walls of both tyres) I was just using it to see what it did. Totally useless in my situation but sortof fun...
Well, my electric generator sure was PRACTICAL! When Rita turned right instead of hitting Galveston/Houston dead center, we still got some high winds. Knocked my electricity out for 12 hours, but nothing lost from the fridge or freezer. Freezer had LOTS of Certified Angus ribeye steaks waiting for their turn on the BBQ.

How's Vicki doing now? Is she back home? I hope so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts