Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who is having a hard time selecting their colors (exterior/interior) and wishing the can see the vehicles in person? My current choice is Mysterious with Sand/Steel combo. I have decided to change the interior to Ebony and is debating between Mysterious and Sly for the exterior. I will be living in AZ, but always had Black cars (trust me Hot is Hot in AZ). But, Sly has looked awfully good in outdoor photo shots and on the Apprentice. Mysterious looked really good on the Transporters at the Delaware Plant photo shots. I never owned a Gray car and it seems to be a popular choice lately, as folks have been moving away from Silver. What's your thoughts? :willy:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I had a difficult time also. I wanted Envious with the two-tone leather, but the two-tone leather wasn't offered when I placed my order. I already own a silver car so I decided to go for another color. It was a difficult decision. I really like the Aggressive but since I previously owned a red car I finally decided on the Deep. I have never owned a dark blue car before so I thought I would go for it. I really don't think there will be a bad color for the car. All of the colors look good and the interiors should compliment the exterior well. Good luck on your selection. In the final show it should be what ever color really catches you eye the most.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Besides being a beautiful combination... :yesnod: black on black was an easy choice for me only because...I live in Michigan where the weather is far less likely to get oppressively hot, and the Sol. will NOT be my daily driver, so keeping it clean will not be an issue...

But you living in AZ... I have been there...beautiful State...IT WAS VERY HOT...no way in H:devil: *** I would have a black interior in AZ. Besides being uncomfortable, the absorption of the heat would ruin the leather (if you choose leather) a lot quicker than you think, and make your SOL. look old before its time!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
SOL MIO said:
But you living in AZ... I have been there...beautiful State...IT WAS VERY HOT...no way in H:devil: *** I would have a black interior in AZ. Besides being uncomfortable, the absorption of the heat would ruin the leather (if you choose leather) a lot quicker than you think, and make your SOL. look old before its time!!
I live in Ottawa, the second coldest capital in the world, but I have a metallic green Volvo with beige leather. Even here the inside temp difference between beige and charcoal (not even black) is amazing. Sit that sucker in your sun for any length of time with the top down and youch!! when you try to sit in it.

I remember being in Reno one August, 110F in the shade and no shade to be found. We would start the rental car, and then stand around outside in the blazing sun until the AC had cooled the car off enough to be able to sit inside. (But no humidity!)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
...We would start the rental car, and then stand around outside in the blazing sun until the AC had cooled the car off enough to be able to sit inside. (But no humidity!)
Ya, when opening the door it's like opening the door to a blast furnace... :lol:

And don't ya just love getting into that AZ. dry heat when it's chilly up here... :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I had an impossible time deciding colors. I wanted yellow or orange. Well there is neither of those colors. I went with Sly at first because I felt like I was settleing. Then the Pontiac images of black came out and I went with that because it looked sexy. But I still feel like I'm just seetleing, because there's no color I realy want at all now.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think that they pulled the YELLOW :) from the lineup to save it for next year...

And bet ya ORANGE the year after... :cool:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Primus said:
Screw it, get Aggressive :)
:agree: I talked my wife into Sly from Cool - but I'm really starting to wish I had pushed for Aggressive.

About a month ago I was at the Milford Proving Grounds and saw one in red - man, I'm really thinking I should have gone that way. :willy:

·
497 Posts
Difficult decision indeed

I had a tough time too between mysterious, cool and sly. I think mysterious looks cool but black takes a lot of work and in my one time experience black ages quickly. Then I narrowed it down to cool and sly; I find them both very good looking on the Solstice. Even though it looks like it will be the most common color, I ultimately went with sly. The pictures so far look great and I have always wanted a dark grey car. I have white now and considered it briefly but wanted something different. I do find it curious that there are no real pictures of the pure… It will surely be a rare color for the Solstice and I’m anxious to see it in real life.

As for the interior, that was easy, I went with ebony. I’m not a fan of two-tone interiors in general but with the Solstice in particular, every picture the color looks different and it is hard for me to visualize.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I've had a number of black vehicles - way to much work :cuss:

My Javelin is dark grey (metallic), I love that color. A guy down the steet has a white Crossfire (coupe). I think the color looks good (my wife vetoed that color too). :(

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
MAKsys said:
:agree: I talked my wife into Sly from Cool - but I'm really starting to wish I had pushed for Aggressive.

About a month ago I was at the Milford Proving Grounds and saw one in red - man, I'm really thinking I should have gone that way. :willy:
I've had two recent rides in Aggressive and it is :cool: . That's what I went with (see avatar). Just wish that two tone as shown on current Pontiac website were available with it now, not the lighter sand/steel that was at the shows. Therefore interior ebony leather.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts