Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving the Solstice my elbow hits the cupholder right behind the shifter and it opens. Does anybody else have that happen to them?

·
4,592 Posts
I've heard the same from another member.

·
Registered
201 Posts
SolTex said:
When driving the Solstice my elbow hits the cupholder right behind the shifter and it opens. Does anybody else have that happen to them?
That happend to me too, but then I woke up and realized I am still waiting for mine to show up
:lol:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
SolTex said:
With even more delays reported at the factory, you may vary well be the only one who has a Sol to have such a problem! :glol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Solution

SolTex said:
Try leaving it open for a few days to train yourself to shift with it that way.
Then when you close it up you shouldn't hit it at all!!!

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Good idea! Are you sure your name's not Pavlov? (The Russian psychiatrist who conditioned the dog to respond to the sound of a bell) :lol:

·
Registered
106 Posts
It happened the first time I used it so now I only use the one in front on the passenger side and keep a towel in the car for small mishaps like the 1st.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Haven't popped out the cup holders, but have turned off the radio once while shifting.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Needed-Countersunk Shift knob to lower (shorten) Shifter.

Where are the Aftermaket FOLKS?

Take care-Steve

:willy:

·
Registered
479 Posts
seems to happen to me on a regular basis, but I think I hit the cup holder with my elbow when getting in the car, just seems to pop out and then I find it there. A little annoying, but eventulally I'll figure out what I'm doing.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
SolTex said:
Yep ... I've already had it happen a dozen times or so. Same thing with my passenger's knee popping open the front cupholder accidentally. It is somewhat annoying ... I thought about rigging some sort of "safety switch" on the thing to keep it from popping open by mistake, but I don't want anything that's going to be an eyesore. It would be nice if you had to push it in a bit further before it released, so it had to be done intentionally with a finger. Oh well ... I guess it probably depends on the individual's proportions whether it would be an issue or not.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My problem has been at the opposite end. I must shift with my thumb facing forward because I'm always turning on, or turning off, my radio. I love the location of the radio knob, I just have to train myself to hold the shifter with my entire hand. :lol:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
My problem has been at the opposite end. I must shift with my thumb facing forward because I'm always turning on, or turning off, my radio. I love the location of the radio knob, I just have to train myself to hold the shifter with my entire hand. :lol:
:lol: :lol: I've done the very same thing a few times!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
solli4me said:
Good idea! Are you sure your name's not Pavlov? (The Russian psychiatrist who conditioned the dog to respond to the sound of a bell) :lol:
Ahh yes... Classical Conditioning.

Dog salivates when he smells food.
So ring bell when he has food.
Dog salivates when he hears bell.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
SolTex said:
Yup. Only one. Loser. :lol:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
2091351 said:

Take care-Steve

You already want it SHORTER?!

I didn't get to spent THAT much time in the floor demo, but it seems like there already isn't much there!

Note to everyone, hold the shifter FIRMLY when entering 3rd & 5th gears. DO NOT punch your STEREO!

·
Registered
600 Posts
2091351 said:

Take care-Steve

Only got mine today and this sounds like a good idea to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts