Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still trying to learn all the quirks of a "new" car. Hopefully this isn't a problem developing. While sitting in traffic (my car and foot hate traffic by the way!!) I went to touch the brake and watched the DIC, airbag off light, and the headlights all black out for about 1/2 second. The engine also studderd for just a blink of the eye. Is this a concern? Or is this "normal"? I got no idiot lights and no chimes and the car seemed to be normal..... any thoughts?

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'm still trying to learn all the quirks of a "new" car. Hopefully this isn't a problem developing. While sitting in traffic (my car and foot hate traffic by the way!!) I went to touch the brake and watched the DIC, airbag off light, and the headlights all black out for about 1/2 second. The engine also studderd for just a blink of the eye. Is this a concern? Or is this "normal"? I got no idiot lights and no chimes and the car seemed to be normal..... any thoughts?
Hmm, that doesn't sound good. I'd start by putting a volt meter on the battery with the car running and with it not running, and see how the battery and alternator are doing. Makes me think one or the other is dying. But until you do some investigating, can't really help anymore. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery cable connections awa engine ground cable...
I thought the same thing SolNut. So I checked them, but they seemed to be tight. So I undid them and retightened them. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is the issue so I'm not :willy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts