Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, my car was taken in to Belle Tire last spring to have my tires reworked as they had slow leaks. During that time, there were some "new" issues when I got my car back. Bad move on my part because I had errands to run that day and didn't stay to watch them work on my car like I usually do. Well, the right sides have been great and haven't leaked. The left still leaks like it always has, so no biggie. Well, my car has been sitting since August last year for the most part. Today I finally got everything back together and was going to try to make it to the MKC cruise tomorrow. My front right tire was a bit low, so I thought I better put air in it. I went to remove the cap and the whole stem is broken under the cap. I haven't hit anything, and really haven't put more then a couple hundred miles on my car since it was there in April of 2018. The fun continues and lesson has been learned. I will never leave my car alone at a shop again!! And another facility to cross off my list that will touch my cars!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
they love putting the cheep 3 cent tire valve stems in and charging $1.50 each or more, Ive known a few morons that worked at tire stores and they were getting about .40 cents for each they replaced, so they would snatch the hellout of them twist anything they could do to get the sale,on pay day it was proibably more "bonus" than they would of got paid . I wonder if any are still made in the usa....so...how did the timing chain go?ok I assume.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually put it all back together, and trying to get it in shape to drive it out to my buddies that has a hoist and used to be tech.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts