Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know....different strokes for different folks....diversity is what makes the world turn round.....blah, blah, blah.

But - is this really the BEST place to relocate the Pontiac fender arrowhead OR the GM badge?

I'm just so confused.

Edit - Found on eBay, YOU can be the lucky owner of this gem!

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
If it were me I would leave the arrowheads in their original places, and the little GM chicklet. However I would remove the lettering from the trunk lid. Don't add anything else. The car shines on its own. It is so tempting to change things and add stuff as I considered a bunch of things. I am glad I left it alone, except for removing the letters.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Maybe I went too far...

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know, I know....different strokes for different folks....diversity is what makes the world turn round.....blah, blah, blah.

But - is this really the BEST place to relocate the Pontiac fender arrowhead OR the GM badge?

I'm just so confused.

Edit - Found on eBay, YOU can be the lucky owner of this gem!
The stupid looking wheel spacers on the rear are a much larger concern than the badge relocation, IMO. What were they thinking?

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
I took the chicklet off. left everything else the same. Am sort of ambivalent about the lettering on the rear. What about that lettering? Take it off or leave it?

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
I took the chicklet off. left everything else the same. Am sort of ambivalent about the lettering on the rear. What about that lettering? Take it off or leave it?
Since most people don't what our cars are... I left the lettering on the back.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My GXP has all the original badging intact.

I'm not sure why some people debadge.

I happen to be proud of my car and see no reason to hide it's identity.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My GXP has all the original badging intact.

I'm not sure why some people debadge.

I happen to be proud of my car and see no reason to hide it's identity.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm not hiding it's identity. I simply like debadged cars.

·
Super Moderator
16,152 Posts

All the badges came off both cars when they were repainted. The replacement badging is part of the paint. I have the factory badges new in the box but do not forsee a time when I will want them on the car.

Since GM abandoned us ? I am personally ok with not advertising for them. If people ask, I am happy to tell them.

I know that some owners really like to keep their cars "stock" down to the stickers and abhor anything that is a visible modification, that is not for me. But I do respect that perspective. It can be quite challenging after 10 years.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I never was big on the "Solstice" name so I have no problem debadging that.
Pontiac could have came up with a more aggressive moniker like "Python" or "Predator" or something.

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
I never was big on the "Solstice" name so I have no problem debadging that.
Pontiac could have came up with a more aggressive moniker like "Python" or "Predator" or something.
Yeah, that would have worked better..."I'm going out to the garage to play with my python" sounds pretty good..... :rolleyes:

I tend to leave stock badges alone. The only ones that really seem superfluous to me are the chiclets, but they don't annoy me enough to remove them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts