Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Detroit Free Press

New roadsters to hit dealers in August
Pontiac will begin shipping its new 2006 Solstice roadster to dealers the first week of August, division general manager John Larson told reporters in Portland, Ore., on Tuesday night. Pontiac expects to deliver several hundred Solstices to dealers that month. All of those will go to buyers who paid deposits on the car during its debut on the NBC reality show "The Apprentice" in April. In addition, Pontiac dealers have taken cash deposits from about 9,100 other buyers. General Motors Corp. expects to build as many as 1,500 Solstices a month when its Wilmington, Del., plant reaches capacity.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Great news. I'd still expect a press release direct from the general but this is good.

1500 month / 20 regular work days = 75 per day

Shipments begin 1st week of August and several hundred delivered in August :grouphug:

·
Registered
753 Posts
sweeet! i guess it's time to give my dealer a call and have a chat about delivery and discuss some ground rules-no stickers, no badges, no dealer undercoating and no joyriders.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Great news!!! Now the million dollar question for most of us that we'll just have to wait and see is when they'll finish building the first 1000 and start producing the rest of our 8,100 orders :)
:lurk:

·
Registered
59 Posts
cdb said:
sweeet! i guess it's time to give my dealer a call and have a chat about delivery and discuss some ground rules-no stickers, no badges, no dealer undercoating and no joyriders.
Oh, CDB, you bet!!! :thumbs:
(Vroom...Vroom....) :glol:

·
Registered
288 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Great news!!! Now the million dollar question for most of us that we'll just have to wait and see is when they'll finish building the first 1000 and start producing the rest of our 8,100 orders :)
:lurk:
That would be 9,100 additional orders, over and above the first 1,000! ;)

Flagg

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...and the winner is...

Flagg said:
That would be 9,100 additional orders, over and above the first 1,000! ;)

Flagg
I'm sure I must be order #1001. :cool:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sweet, hopefully my dealer will call soon giving me a production date.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
heismybooty said:
We should have them in a month or so????
Given the 1500 figure, yes I'd guess if all goes well the first 1000 could be out by end of August.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So for those of us who have been drooling from afar without putting up any cash, 10,000+ cars means 9 months before I might see one! Yikes! I better go get in line with my checkbook...

Dumb question - any idea of a deposit is refundable?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...not for a minute

Gmlinedog said:
And you guys doubted me.
Nope, never doubted you. But, hey! Why aren't you on the line, Dog? :cool:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...here ya go, buddy

SouthernSol said:
Hey, if I'm doing the math right, 1500 a month only adds up to 18000 cars a year. What happened to 20,000 a year?
They gave 2000 away to their friends, and the media as "preproduction", "test mules", and just plain ole bribes & gratuities. Haven't you noticed the mulitude of pics we have seen of Sols being driven by everyone and his sister?? :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dealer told me i was #10 of his first year allocation of 10 cars. How do i find out where my car would sit in the build queue?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
Given the 1500 figure, yes I'd guess if all goes well the first 1000 could be out by end of August.
More then likely not. Quoting what SD posted;
Pontiac expects to deliver several hundred Solstices to dealers that month.
General Motors Corp. expects to build as many as 1,500 Solstices a month when its Wilmington, Del., plant reaches capacity.
Sounds like they'll get part of the First 1000 in August, then finish them up in Sept. When the plant finally reaches full line speed they'll be putting out 1500 a month.

cranman12: Yes, any deposit you put down is refundable. If the car gets delivered and you don't like it for any reason, you can always reject it too.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
cygnus said:
My dealer told me i was #10 of his first year allocation of 10 cars. How do i find out where my car would sit in the build queue?
The allocations they have now are the first 4 month allocations, not first year. Which means you would more then likely get your car at the end of the 4 months being #10. Say allocation starts for Sept then that means the 4 month allocation is Sept, Aug, Oct, Nov, and maybe the begining of Dec if allocation starts late Sept.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts