Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well First I find a solstice for sale on EBay by a General Manager of a Pontiac dealership in North Carolina who makes about a $4000 Profit. Turn him in to GM and they tell me there is nothing they can do. Then being the only person in the show room of my local dealership on April 15 to get a 1000 I get bumped from not only that car but a second 1000 that they received. I’m called on Aug 13th and my order is taken and told 6 weeks for my car. I sell my car and await my new ride. 7 weeks later my dealer still knows nothing (so he says). We call GM to investigate. Fri a week ago I’m told by GM My car goes on the Line Mon morning and GM would call me on this Friday to give me an update 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. I get my call today and with no explanation or reason GM tell me the dealer decided it’s a bad business decision to sell me my car and refuses to sell it to me. SOOOOO… 6 months of waiting for a car that was to be mine and now I have nothing... and GM says they can’t do any thing about it. I have been a GM car owner all my life and was looking forward to this car as much as all my others GM Products but with all the lies and sneaking around not only from the dealership but GM not enforcing the rules of the first 1000 contest and not having ANY!!! Control over dealerships the represent GM cars…..I guess its time to move on and take my businesses else where. GOOD LUCK to all of you hope you don’t get S#&T on like I did it was a nice car but not worth all this aggravation for me.

What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong and GM and Swanson Pontiac of Glen Bernie MD 410-768-4400 are both WRONG!!!
:brentil: :brentil: :mad: :mad: :rant: :rant:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
No need to start two identical threads, we get the point. When you say you were bumped on 4/15 I don't understand. You either got an acceptance number or you didn't, cut and dry, black and white. A lot of people got bumped that day, some dealers did not even get one car qualified. Were you waitlisted? :willy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bumped

We now understand that we did not get one of the first 1000 but we were to taked deliver of the 4th car to that dealership We were told by GM Corp OUR car was being built this week and were bumped again. Because we were not paying top dollor for this car and someone else was willing to. We got bumped again. OUR dealer told us nothing!!!!!!!!! and not because we never tried to gain infromation.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
mbwt said:
We now understand that we did not get one of the first 1000 but we were to taked deliver of the 4th car to that dealership We were told by GM Corp OUR car was being built this week and were bumped again. Because we were not paying top dollor for this car and someone else was willing to. We got bumped again. OUR dealer told us nothing!!!!!!!!! and not because we never tried to gain infromation.
Sounds like you need a new dealership.

·
Registered
479 Posts
mbwt said:
If you don't mine traveling, CpDiver Lewes De., Can't recommend any other dearler that has been as responsive as they have. From Glen Burnie, approx, 120 mi. Any Questions P.M. me. They have really been great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
mbwt said:
Did you have a signed order? If so, get an attorney. If you didn't, then you are at their mercy and I would suggest finding another dealer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sorry to tell you this, but no manufacturers can control what their dealers do, anymore than a golf club manufacturer, etc. can control what stores
do with their products. You might want to try going over the head of the GM person you spoke to. I had to do that with Samsung on a television and it worked. Don't assume that everyone that answers when you call GM
acts the same way. They don't.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Sounds like you got hosed by your dealer. It is a shame GM cannot really do much, but their hands are tied if their dealerships are going to be jerks. At least you let GM know about it.

Don't lose faith in GM as a company. I know it is easy to get made at the company for bad dealer relations, but there are plenty of dealerships around the country that have been doing an excellent job too. It may pay to drive around, talk to some other dealers and see if you cannot find a more reputable dealer.

·
Registered
854 Posts
kingarthur said:
Sorry to tell you this, but no manufacturers can control what their dealers do, anymore than a golf club manufacturer, etc. can control what stores
do with their products. You might want to try going over the head of the GM person you spoke to. I had to do that with Samsung on a television and it worked. Don't assume that everyone that answers when you call GM
acts the same way. They don't.
This crap is exactly why other countries allow manufactuers to sell direct to the public. Cars are much cheaper without the middlemen scum, and your problems are taken up with the manufacter directly, not some a-hole dealership.

We don't need dealerships in this country any more!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts