Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well First I find a solstice for sale on EBay by a General Manager of a Pontiac dealership in North Carolina who makes about a $4000 Profit. Turn him in to GM and they tell me there is nothing they can do. Then being the only person in the show room of my local dealership on April 15 to get a 1000 I get bumped from not only that car but a second 1000 that they received. I’m called on Aug 13th and my order is taken and told 6 weeks for my car. I sell my car and await my new ride. 7 weeks later my dealer still knows nothing (so he says). We call GM to investigate. Fri a week ago I’m told by GM My car goes on the Line Mon morning and GM would call me on this Friday to give me an update 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. I get my call today and with no explanation or reason GM tell me the dealer decided it’s a bad business decision to sell me my car and refuses to sell it to me. SOOOOO… 6 months of waiting for a car that was to be mine and now I have nothing... and GM says they can’t do any thing about it. I have been a GM car owner all my life and was looking forward to this car as much as all my others GM Products but with all the lies and sneaking around not only from the dealership but GM not enforcing the rules of the first 1000 contest and not having ANY!!! Control over dealerships the represent GM cars…..I guess its time to move on and take my businesses else where. GOOD LUCK to all of you hope you don’t get S#&T on like I did it was a nice car but not worth all this aggravation for me.

What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong and GM and Swanson Pontiac of Glen Bernie MD 410-768-4400 are both WRONG!!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
mbwt said:
Well First I find a solstice for sale on EBay by a General Manager of a Pontiac dealership in North Carolina who makes about a $4000 Profit. Turn him in to GM and they tell me there is nothing they can do. Then being the only person in the show room of my local dealership on April 15 to get a 1000 I get bumped from not only that car but a second 1000 that they received. I’m called on Aug 13th and my order is taken and told 6 weeks for my car. I sell my car and await my new ride. 7 weeks later my dealer still knows nothing (so he says). We call GM to investigate. Fri a week ago I’m told by GM My car goes on the Line Mon morning and GM would call me on this Friday to give me an update 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. I get my call today and with no explanation or reason GM tell me the dealer decided it’s a bad business decision to sell me my car and refuses to sell it to me. SOOOOO… 6 months of waiting for a car that was to be mine and now I have nothing... and GM says they can’t do any thing about it. I have been a GM car owner all my life and was looking forward to this car as much as all my others GM Products but with all the lies and sneaking around not only from the dealership but GM not enforcing the rules of the first 1000 contest and not having ANY!!! Control over dealerships the represent GM cars…..I guess its time to move on and take my businesses else where. GOOD LUCK to all of you hope you don’t get S#&T on like I did it was a nice car but not worth all this aggravation for me.

What is right is right and what is wrong is wrong and GM and Swanson Pontiac of Glen Bernie MD 410-768-4400 are both WRONG!!!
I'm kinda embarassed that a dirty dealer like that is in my state. Fox AutoNation of Laurel did totally right by me, all the way through delivery today. Sorry to hear about your horrible experience. Fortunately, it is the exception, not the rule.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.