Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
thought these were interesting too

Power rear windows (does this sound right, considering the proposed power roof?)

Full floor console with covered storage (what's this???)

i wonder how reliable this is???

But, this is like getting to the end of a book, i can't wait to finish... anticipation!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RODEO said:
i wonder how reliable this is???

I don't think that Cars Direct is the kind of web site that would fabricate specs. I just wish they had populated the web page for the exterior colors. The one item that has me puzzled is the side impact bars listed under "Exterior". I first thought they were a safety feature, but they're not listed in the "safety" section. Maybe they are misplaced, or else they are body side molding for dent protection.

In any case, the feature list looks great to me.

·
4,592 Posts
does this:
"Power convertible roof with lining, glass rear window"
suggests a power hard or soft top?
do you think we can take it as fact the roof will be power operated?
:seeya

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RODEO said:
does this:
"Power convertible roof with lining, glass rear window"
suggests a power hard or soft top?
do you think we can take it as fact the roof will be power operated?
:seeya
I betting on a soft top. I believe I remember one of the magazines that tested the C6 saying that its power top only added 14 lbs of weight. Not bad for the convenience.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DreamerDave said:
Also wonder about what they mean by Black front windshield molding. Hope their talking about the rubber gasket and not the metal windshield frame.
A possibility is that the windshield frame is black on the base model and the silver color we saw on the show cars is part of an appearance package.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the feeling the power rear windowS comment is likely a typo as it matches more the standard carsdirect line for cars with four doors (i.e. those are the windows for the back 2 doors). That might be a cut&paste error? The pre-production models didn't seem to have any door bins like the cardirect spec mentions either. So that would open up the possibility for more errors here in the features list.

However, there was an earlier post a couple months back about someone who went to a dealer who was adament about the solstice coming with a power-top standard, and selling for $22,000 instead of $20,000. Like everyone else, I thought the dealer was confused with the upcoming power-hardtop pontiac G6 convertible. So with this snippet, and those hints of Grimace on the miata forum (posted here in another thread), it seems possible something is up.

I'm happy enough with the overall solstice specs that I'll be happy with whatever they decide to do, though I'd really like some useable trunk space. Either way, the upcoming detroit show looks to be exciting for us.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hmm, while i would not object to a power top provided it only weighs 14lb or so I do not want that feature to tack on another 200 in cost. 200 here and 200 there start to add up after a while. However I cannot wait for nais so that we can finally get some hard facts on some of the basic features of the car like trunkspace, what it will look like with the top up, top operation, and what will be included on the base car.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm impressed that if accurate, the top is lined.
That sort of thing is typically only found among higher end convertibles as it adds considerable cost to the top.
As for the top in general? Well if it's power that would be nice, but if not, I won't be annoyed. I am thinking Pontiac will have a number of surprises unveiled at the auto show.
Like everyone, I am looking forward to learning more about the car.
I don't anticipate much in the way of disappointment, I do believe the car will have been carefully thought out by the time we see it January.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I'm not putting too much stock in this power top thing...could just be a typo of some kind on carsdirect. GM has not released any final specs.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wouldn't expect a power top. This is a back to basics roadster. Hell you have to pay extra for it on the vette and they are 50K.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Since GM has not published the final specs for this car yet, I would take anything they say with a grain of salt. I bet these specifications are conjecture.

Everything I have seen from what appear to be fairly reliable sources indicate that the top will be cloth. I wouldn’t bet on a hardtop convertible.

·
Registered
81 Posts
A power top on a $20k car? Power rear windows on a two door car?

Some of the info there is correct, some is not.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bigd said:
A power top on a $20k car? Power rear windows on a two door car?

Some of the info there is correct, some is not.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
bigd, thanks for all your recent posts. They have been helpful. Do you think someone with a passion for maroon or dark blue sports cars would be happy with a first year Solstice?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
tcl said:
Do you think someone with a passion for maroon or dark blue sports cars would be happy with a first year Solstice?
Would like to find those color options under my tree too :thumbs

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Ah, but we can dream. It'd be nice to imagine the "power rear windows" was actually a reference to the back glass that could be raised or lowered independent of the roof (ala Honda Del Sol) to provide a windscreen during top down times. This would give the butresses a reason for being (providing support for the roof when it was up and the glass was down). That and a power roof! Perhaps that's too much to hope for.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Ah, but we can dream. It'd be nice to imagine the "power rear windows" was actually a reference to the back glass that could be raised or lowered independent of the roof (ala Honda Del Sol) to provide a windscreen during top down times. This would give the butresses a reason for being (providing support for the roof when it was up and the glass was down). That and a power roof! Perhaps that's too much to hope for.
It may be more than we can get, but we certainly can hope for it until GM squashes those hopes! A power rear window that operated independent of the top would be awesome! :thumbs

1 - 20 of 32 Posts