Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dealer 1K Solstice going to eBay

Another Good Dealer going to the Dark Side.

After calling every local Dealer in my area, I actually found a Dealer that has a Solstice coming in any day that is not sold. The Sales Manager told me that it would be for sale at MSRP. It is a first 1K that the buyer backed out of. The Dealer paid money to GM to be in the 1K program and was told that he would be allocated 5 Sols. He was only able to order 1 car.
I walked into his office today. He was actually on his computer on eBay looking at the Sols listed there. I handed him a cashiers check for the MSRP price of the car. He gave it back to me stating that he wants to sell it on eBay and "see what the market will bear." Now GM is telling him that he will not get any allocation. He also stated that he has never sold a vehicle over MSRP, even new Corvettes.
I spoke with Solstice HQ about the Dealer. They really did not seem to care.
I am really glad that there are some great GM Dealers out there, I just wish that there were more of them! We just lost one.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Sol2 said:
Yeh, it sucks that they're doing that and GM isn't/can't do anything. But a quick $4k profit is hard to give up for little/no work.
No it isn't. I know three people that will call me anytime from hundreds of miles away when they need a vehicle. Not buy from me every time, but call me. And their families, and friends, and the guy they had lunch with that talked about a cadillac.TThey may not all buy from me, but you would be amazed how the grains of sand fall when you tilt the bottle right. I take care of them, would loose my job for them. That count's for alot more than my 25% of $4000.
But I am certainly not ragging on you, sol2. You are the victim, and I am just hoping that dealers will read this and give it some levity.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to mention that after I left the Dealership, I went down the street to the local Walmart, and they did not have a Solstice in stock, either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts