Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introducing the belt-X-tender

Having trouble reaching your seat belt?

The window switches aren't the only thing in this car built for a contortionist! If you have trouble reaching the seat belt that keeps slipping behind your seat, you are not the only one! So we designed this nifty little contraption to solve your seat belt woes.

The belt-X-tender requires NO interior modifications. It can be installed and removed in seconds! And while it utilizes the seat storage pocket, it's simple design allows you to continue to use the majority of the pocket space for your storage needs.

Each kit comes with passenger and driver side pieces.

http://www.kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20107&prod_id=1700&function=product

Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Who's the blonde?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
So should I just start a monthy allotment to you guys?

·
Registered
142 Posts
The seatbelt issues is certainly a pain. Very slick... I'lll have to start putting my order together.

·
Registered
303 Posts
$40 plus shipping for a couple of bent coat hangers?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I just received their chromies today, and they are a quality product. Very heavy. I am confident that they won't be "bent coat hangers."

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I noticed the banner first. I had no clue how you were going to pull it off.

My mother's Solara has little extendable 'arms' and that's what I thought you guys were going to do, but I figured it would require modding. I'm shocked that you (once again) came up with an alter-free solution.

Bravo. :thumbs:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Excellent! I noticed this little "issue" in the first day of driving. My order for this and little chromies will be sent shortly.

·
Registered
729 Posts
It would definitely be nice to see if you guys could perhaps black powder coat these for the ebony cloth and leather interiors to make them sort of blend in.

Otherwise, right now they do look like a couple of bent coat hangers with their current color.

Keep up the great innovations!!

- bspate -

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mikesan said:
$40 plus shipping for a couple of bent coat hangers?
They can’t be coat hangers they are not plastic. When was the last time you saw metal coat hangers? Can you even buy metal coat hanger any more?:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have a suggestion:
Can you make it where the seatbelt doesn't rub against the seat, especially "leather" seats. I happen to own a firebird and with the years of buckling and unbuckling, the nylon part left a nasty mark on them.:(

I just notice this same problem happening on the Sol.

By the way, awesome idea!:)

Karr

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
ILVMYGT said:
They can’t be coat hangers they are not plastic. When was the last time you saw metal coat hangers? Can you even buy metal coat hanger any more?:yesnod:
Coat hanger, shirt hanger, whatever. You know what I mean. Pick up shirts from a dry cleaner and you'll find metal hangers.

I like a lot of Kappasphere's products and will be ordering some soon. Lil Chromies for sure. Wish they'd make some nice polished aluminum door sills.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I have the reverse problem--I am having trouble unbuckling the seat belt when I want to get out. Maybe it is because I have some arthritis on my hands but I have broken four fake thumb nails trying to unbuckle the belt. Now I keep a small flash light key holder in the boot of the shift that is just right to put down to unbuckle the belt --any other solutions????

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys
Yeah, we enjoy coming up with products that make life easier on a day to day basis. We noticed the seat belt issue awhile ago and it took us several weeks figure out how we'd make the belt-X-tender without altering the interior of the car... we know we didn't want to drill or cut anything. After that it took us several prototypes to figure out the right bend angles of the X-tender so it would fit like a glove and held the belt in place. So as far as it being like a coat hanger... It wasn't as simple as it looks :)

We would have liked to have powder coated it or even chromed it. The belt-X-tender is made in the U.S. and the costs were getting high and we want to keep it reasonable for you guys.

Neil

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Stig,

Would it be feasible/possible/desirable to plastic coat it? There is a commercial product ("Plasti Dip") that is used for coating tool handles. Might work here as well!

Thanks,

--Chemist (I've been called a "dip", and I've bent some hangers in my time! :lol:)

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Hey Stig

just in case I missed this in your 1 of 5 set a month ago

What really irrates me at this time of year with the sun low in the sky
is the fact that once the sun dips below the top of the windshield I get a hell of a glare between the rear view mirror and the top.

I'd like to see either of the following

1. a 3m-type of film to go across the whole top about 4 inches wide and nice and dark to filter the sunlight.
2. some type of clip on device to extend the visors to cover the center section.

3. something similar of your own design

If this has already been addressed...just post the hyper-link

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
When they are black powder-coated, I'll buy a set... mostly to support you, since I really don't have an issue with the belts because I have tiny hands.

Aluminum door-sills, ala G6, would look awesome.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts