Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Another Innovative Product From Kappasphere! [seat belt-X-tender]

14K views 47 replies 32 participants last post by  RedOne07 
#1 ·
Introducing the belt-X-tender

Having trouble reaching your seat belt?

The window switches aren't the only thing in this car built for a contortionist! If you have trouble reaching the seat belt that keeps slipping behind your seat, you are not the only one! So we designed this nifty little contraption to solve your seat belt woes.

The belt-X-tender requires NO interior modifications. It can be installed and removed in seconds! And while it utilizes the seat storage pocket, it's simple design allows you to continue to use the majority of the pocket space for your storage needs.

Each kit comes with passenger and driver side pieces.

http://www.kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20107&prod_id=1700&function=product

Neil

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
Mikesan said:
I don't think I "bashed" your supporting vendor on this one. Just gave my opinion on what I thought they looked like and a couple of other people apparently agree. $40 for a couple of uncoated bent stainless steel rods seems a little steep to me. I understand that you wish to protect your revenue stream, but when vendors put out new products, consumers ought to be able to voice an opinion. In the end, we all get better products and better value.
Mikesan, you have voiced your concern over the rule in a polite manner, I appreciate that! As Brentil said, it's OK to have an opinion against a vendor's product, just not in the announcement thread, the announcement thread is what they paid for. You are welcome to discuss the product as you wish in another thread, I hope you find that reasonable. Thanks for your understanding. :)

#28 ·
RODEO said:
Mikesan, you have voiced your concern over the rule in a polite manner, I appreciate that! As Brentil said, it's OK to have an opinion against a vendor's product, just not in the announcement thread, the announcement thread is what they paid for. You are welcome to discuss the product as you wish in another thread, I hope you find that reasonable. Thanks for your understanding. :)
That is very reasonable and I will play nice in the future. Constructive criticism/comments in new threads only. Nothing negative in product announcements. Fair enough.

Here's an idea for the aftermarket: Blacked out taillight lens covers. With red blinkers and brake lights of course. Like on the 06 GTO. Would look good on every color, especially on black, blue, and red.

#29 ·
shinoo said:
That's Debra - not my wife Stacy. Debra is our Customer Service rep. :cool:
OKAY, then post more pictures of her demonstrating your products... :)

#30 ·
I have a question regarding the seat belt extenders. If you are driving without a passenger, does the passenger seat belt clip rattle against the extender and make noise?

When I am driving without a passenger, I find that the passenger side seat belt clip moving around between the seat and the wall will make a rattling noise when I go over rough surfaces. I've taken to driving with the passenger side seat belt fastened just to get rid of the noise.

I'm wondering if the seat belt extender would help, make it worse, or just make no difference at all.

#31 ·
Mikesan said:
I don't think I "bashed" your supporting vendor on this one. Just gave my opinion on what I thought they looked like and a couple of other people apparently agree. $40 for a couple of uncoated bent stainless steel rods seems a little steep to me. I understand that you wish to protect your revenue stream, but when vendors put out new products, consumers ought to be able to voice an opinion. In the end, we all get better products and better value.
Here'a a link to the same problem encountered with the vendor's thread on "lil chromies":
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9015&page=2&highlight=chromies

#32 ·
dengel said:
I have a question regarding the seat belt extenders. If you are driving without a passenger, does the passenger seat belt clip rattle against the extender and make noise?

When I am driving without a passenger, I find that the passenger side seat belt clip moving around between the seat and the wall will make a rattling noise when I go over rough surfaces. I've taken to driving with the passenger side seat belt fastened just to get rid of the noise.

I'm wondering if the seat belt extender would help, make it worse, or just make no difference at all.
Dengel
We noticed the same thing to. Unless the passanger seat is all the way back it always fall behind the seat and rattles. But with the belt-X-tender it isn't the case because the passanger belt clip stays on the front of the seat.

Neil

#33 ·
Just got my belt-X-tender set. After some time against my polishing wheel, the stainless takes a pretty shine, and they look great against my steel-sand seats. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like careful bending (per the instructions) just might address the belts sliding on the seat damage issue.

#35 ·
A couple of questions.

#1. I see that the end that does not hold the seat belt just ends straight. It isn't bent back/curved towards itself. So, any danger of this end pushing through the leather? I'm tentative before I hear much more on that one.

#2. Are they fitting fairly snuggly in the back pocket? For instance, do they move around after every few times of pulling on your seatbelt (making you have to put them back in place) or do they stay put?

#3. If your tall and your seat is already all the way back, does the seatbelt x-tender rattle against the back of the car?

#36 ·
mabrylm said:
A couple of questions.

#1. I see that the end that does not hold the seat belt just ends straight. It isn't bent back/curved towards itself. So, any danger of this end pushing through the leather? I'm tentative before I hear much more on that one.

#2. Are they fitting fairly snuggly in the back pocket? For instance, do they move around after every few times of pulling on your seatbelt (making you have to put them back in place) or do they stay put?

#3. If your tall and your seat is already all the way back, does the seatbelt x-tender rattle against the back of the car?
Not sure what you want to answer question #1, but yes, they fit rather snugly in the pocket, and, since being in the pocket makes them the rear-most part of the seat, they will contact the back of the car. I haven't driven with them in yet (snowing), so I can't say if they rattle.
Here are some links to pics; #1 and and #2 were shot with available light, and #3 with on-camera flash, which accounts for the color shift.
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43e3a0...olstice/belt-X-tender+#1.jpg?BCGg97DBgKMO9M5C
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43e3a0...olstice/belt-X-tender+#2.jpg?BCGg97DB48sHT9.8
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43e3a0...olstice/belt-X-tender+#3.jpg?BCGg97DBCqVluIm_

#37 ·
WintR said:
Not sure what you want to answer question #1, but yes, they fit rather snugly in the pocket, and, since being in the pocket makes them the rear-most part of the seat, they will contact the back of the car. I haven't driven with them in yet (snowing), so I can't say if they rattle.
Here are some links to pics; #1 and and #2 were shot with available light, and #3 with on-camera flash, which accounts for the color shift.
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43e3a0...olstice/belt-X-tender+#1.jpg?BCGg97DBgKMO9M5C
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43e3a0...olstice/belt-X-tender+#2.jpg?BCGg97DB48sHT9.8
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43e3a0...olstice/belt-X-tender+#3.jpg?BCGg97DBCqVluIm_
Your PICS Link isn't working... ??

#38 ·
mabrylm said:
A couple of questions.

Answers:

#1: No the tip will not rub against the leather.
#2: They are fairly snug, they stay put.
#3: The metal from the belt-X-tender does not touch the area behind the seat, so it will not rattle.

Neil

#39 ·
mcbman said:
Your PICS Link isn't working... ??
Odd - worked when I tested it, but doesn't now.

To see the pics, try going to http://briefcase.yahoo.com/rwintjen@swbell.net, click My Documents folder, then Solstice folder.

Guess Yahoo doesn't want to make it too easy to link to documents in the briefcase.

#40 ·
bspate said:
It would definitely be nice to see if you guys could perhaps black powder coat these for the ebony cloth and leather interiors to make them sort of blend in.
- bspate -
:agree: Great mod .... just looks a little "raw" MHO

#46 ·
Thanks Saveaux, but I have not found a similar product that works with seat all the way back and reclined and does not requires screwing stuff into the seat. For a moment I though the very nice solution Riven02 is offering would be a good solution for my situation, but unfortunately it is not. The creator of the item confirmed this to me.

Now my hope is that someone has a set of Kappasphere belt-X-tenders laying around that they want to sell just as the ones presented in the first message of this thread.

#47 ·
@RedOne07 At 6'2.5" (189cm) I have to have the seat as far back as it will go. My wife's 5'2" or 157cm and anytime she drives the car she moves the seat forward. When I get in I slide the seat all the way back which usually results in me pinning the seatbelt behind the seat.

I scrolled back to the beginning of this post to see what you were referring to. I may try to make one of these myself as it looks pretty easy, I'll keep you posted!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.