Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up VIN 3006 last night. :cool: The wife got to drive it home due toan injury I sustained to my right hand a couple of months ago. :( I most likely won't be able to drive it before early '06. :cuss: Oh well at least its here. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
Sydney said:
Picked up VIN 3006 last night. :cool: The wife got to drive it home due toan injury I sustained to my right hand a couple of months ago. :( I most likely won't be able to drive it before early '07. :cuss: Oh well at least its here. :willy:
GREAT news, Sydney. Congratulations! :party:

Now shake hands with deluke. Er, I mean, meet deluke. She's got a similar problem, can't drive her delivered Solstice yet. But she sure can type! Lots of helpful posts to let people know what's going on.

By the way, I would think you would not have to wait until '07 to drive your Solstice! :)

.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,464 Posts
Congratulations. :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gizmo2004 said:
By the way, I would think you would not have to wait until '07 to drive your Solstice! :)
.
Yeah, you are right Giz! :yesnod: I meant early '06. I changed it in the original post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
GREAT news, Sydney. Congratulations! :party:

Now shake hands with deluke. Er, I mean, meet deluke. She's got a similar problem, can't drive her delivered Solstice yet. But she sure can type! Lots of helpful posts to let people know what's going on.

By the way, I would think you would not have to wait until '07 to drive your Solstice! :)

.
:lol: Ya, I can't wait till I get my hands on him( my cars a male) in the spring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mariner said:
when did you place your order?...... and what part of Kentucky?
I placed my order on 7/22. It was built, 3800, on 10/11. I was 4 of 4 in the dealers allocation but for some reason mine was the second one deleivered. I'm in southern Kentucky about 30 miles from the Tennessee state line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Sydney, i live in campbellsville, i have had my order in since 4-27, i'm glade to here someone is really getting the cars instead of the runaround that my dealer has giving me :devil: ! i orderd my solstice from swope pontiac in elizabethtown, if i wasnt so far into the wait i would cancel the order and reorder from another dealer. they are telling me now it will be january, i dont know if i should believe them or not?, could you tell me were your car can from? also, is the car worth the wait?thanks for the info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,260 Posts
Lexington

Pontiac is really messing this up. I ordered in 23 April and I expect to have my car in the next week or 2. I don't understand July orders arriving and April orders being told next year! I guess it all comes down to dealer allocations and when they are available.... :willy:

Mariner... if you want to make a trip to Danville when my arrives to see one, let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
your right kysol, pontiac has really messed this one up, i have talked to everyone that i can talk to at gm, and the dealership, and still havent got a good answer, on why , where and when :brentil: thanks for the offer to look at your car, if your ever going to be down this way look me up i would love to see it, i have seen one , and did get to sit in it , i really like it but i'm tired of waiting with no good idea when i'll get mine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
mariner said:
i orderd my solstice from swope pontiac in elizabethtown, if i wasnt so far into the wait i would cancel the order and reorder from another dealer. they are telling me now it will be january, i dont know if i should believe them or not?, could you tell me were your car can from? also, is the car worth the wait?thanks for the info.
Mariner,
That's odd, I originally ordered one from Swope on July 10 and the sales person told me that I was their 8th order. They had no idea on a delivery date at that time but said October at the earliest. My local dealer called me after that and offered me one of their 1st allocation that some backed out of.
I guess it's lucky that I decided to cancel my order with Swope.
If you don't really "need" a new car right now then I would say the wait will be worth it. At this point you won't miss many "top down days" anyway.

Mine came from the Pontiac dealer in BG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
thanks

thanks for the info sydney, i guess i'll just wait on the order that i have placed with swope, maybe i'll get it by january? :willy:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top