Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 4 used hockey pucks and 4 strong 1" magnets (with countersunk holes)

Used my dremel to dig out 1/4" of material (height of the magnet) and its just about flush and came up with these .....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
do they stay in ( on the car ) all the time, or not ?

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
We see repeated threads on various ways to accomplish this. Not sure why.

Buy the BMW pucks, stick them on the car and forget about it. No trying to find them when you need them - they are always there. Only possible downside is that you have to spend a bit more than you do for hockey pucks or whatever, but I doubt under $10 a puck will kill anyone.

·
Super Moderator
5,848 Posts

Buy the BMW pucks, stick them on the car and forget about it. No trying to find them when you need them - they are always there. Only possible downside is that you have to spend a bit more than you do for hockey pucks or whatever, but I doubt under $10 a puck will kill anyone.
You're exactly right, Bill. Everyone should always do everything the same way, since innovation and variety are wasteful. And you should clearly be consulted to give your learned blessing to whatever way is chosen.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
The BMW pucks were not my idea, they are just a superior idea discovered by someone else and I haven't seen anything since that did the job as well.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

different people have different ideas, that is what makes the world go around ...

I don't want pucks 'permanently' stuck on my car ... I'll put them on/take them off as needed

my cost is about $4 per puck

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The BMW pucks were not my idea, they are just a superior idea discovered by someone else and I haven't seen anything since that did the job as well.
I haven't used/seen a BMW puck, but mine are perfect for me

Easy to fabricate and cheap

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
I've been using hockey pucks for all sorts of thing around the shop for years. I've got several ground to shape and use for dollys for shaping aluminum. Good to use in a vise to keep from scarring stuff. Never considered the magnet idea, will have to make me some. Its a great idea and cheap too!!

Bill.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts