Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am new here and would like to join your discussions. I would like to start by asking a really dumb question. I have been reading that the Solstice is going to have a 5 speed manual trans. I am one of the very few that does not know how to drive stick. Does anyone know if the Solstice will be offered in automatic when it comes out next year?

·
4,592 Posts
Matthew75 said:
Hello all! I am new here and would like to join your discussions. I would like to start by asking a really dumb question. I have been reading that the Solstice is going to have a 5 speed manual trans. I am one of the very few that does not know how to drive stick. Does anyone know if the Solstice will be offered in automatic when it comes out next year?
WELCOME :cheers

From memory, the concensus is that will not be a first year option. Any members out there care to disagree.

You could also do a search on the forum, searching for "automatic", I'm sure the threads that cover this topic would be obvious.

Again, welcome. And, I'm sure many will agree, it might be a good suggestion to learn to drive a stick, it's part of the fun of a roadster (almost a no no to have an automatic)! But we won't hold it against you. :seeya

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but please us the search button. You're like the 5th new member in about a month to ask that same question.

But since I'm here posting already, there is no officially planned or announced automatic version. There have been several discussions about this, along with discussions on learning how to drive a stick shift.

Here's the quote from Jim Hopson (Pontiac Spokesman)...
An automatic transmission will also be available sometime after launch, but choosing that is like wearing a snow suit in the Caribbean — you're missing the point.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Look around the site, this topic has been completly covered before. Lots of opinions on transmissions. My opinion: learn to drive a stick, it's easy and you'll be glad you did. You will get so much more out of your Solstice than you would with an automatic. However, autos are sure to come to the Solstice, just no one knows when.

So many new members and so little new info. Pontiac help us!

·
4,592 Posts
AeroDave said:
So many new members and so little new info. Pontiac help us!
:agree :banghead :crazy :rolleyes :smash :sleep :yawn :cryin

·
Registered
141 Posts
Matthew75, if you're happy driving an automatic and you want a roadster, go for it! I drive a stick, I enjoy dirivng a stick, but there's no law that roadster drivers have to drive stick.

P.S. I'm not sure that a car with roll-up windows is truly a roadster anyway.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What we know, Pontiac has announced the car will be available initially with a 5 speed manual. They have said nothing official about an automatic being available immediately, or anytime in the near future. However, that doesn’t mean it won’t happen, and we all expect an automatic to be offered. They might be waiting for their new 6 speed ZF automatic to be completed and ready to go (it is being co-developed with Ford) and will only use the manual until that auto is ready. They could also buy an outsourced 5 speed, or simply go with their tried and true 4 speed autos.

Whether an auto is available from the start, mid year, 2nd year or whenever is unknown. Just keep your eyes peeled for any announcements, and your certain to find the answer on this forum as soon as it becomes known!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts