Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all! It was a thrill to find this forum. I bought a super-clean 2007 Yellow 2.4 Solstice about 4 weeks ago (about 53k miles on it).

It was making weird noises on the way home from the dealership and immediately found threads on the rear diff on this forum. They were a great help in getting my Solstice ("Clementine") diagnosed. Turns out the rear diff was shot - full of metal shavings. Due to me screwing up the repair process I've had to front the $3500 repair bill and will have to pursue reimbursement through the dealer's warranty company afterwards. Not cool. But I am completely smitten with the car!

My other car is a Jeep Wrangler with a 4" lift and 35" tires, so switching between them is - pretty weird!

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
Welcome Ant! Nice looking car. I know what you mean re: "weird". If I drive the sol for a couple days in a road I feel like I'm going to fall out of the 3/4 ton pickup.

·
Premium Member
18,482 Posts
Very nice looking car. Some like that color but you know that you can get it painted any color you choose for less than $10Gs. :devil:

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice looking car. Some like that color but you know that you can get it painted any color you choose for less than $10Gs. :devil:
Thanks everyone! Super bright neon yellow is my favorite color, so it was a no-brainer for me. :)

Of course I'm red-green colorblind. Who knows what it looks like to all you people with normal vision, lol.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way, my ex-wife complained about me getting this car to my kids, saying "that's his, like, third mid-life crisis car!". Suck it. :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
By the way, my ex-wife complained about me getting this car to my kids, saying "that's his, like, third mid-life crisis car!". Suck it. :)
Welcome to the forum. My wife's friends try to poison her with comments about my car and bike purchases, but she knows better than to try and make me choose. She knows she has it good and it is better not to rock the boat.

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Welcome to the group. Where are you located, Ants?

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
My wife made me sell my 500hp 78 TA when we had our 1st kid which was in 88 and I have been beating her up about ever since. in 2010 I bought a 73 Vette and she thought maybe I'd quit raggin on her for making me sell it but nope, never. I think I'm on my 5th mid life crisis vehicle right now. anyway, I've never shopped for a yellow car but would love to have one. I've seen yellow Vettes and camaro's and it really brings out the lines and curves. a yellow Solstice is even better. I have a clunky rearend on my 06 and haven't opened it up. I put 8k miles on it since I got it which did it from day 1 but the noise has not gotten worse at all. Metallica makes it seem all better:) Good luck getting re-couped and welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Hi Ant
Kinda new myself. I have a 07 Mean Yellow GXP. I absolutely love it. (Except dodgy cigarette lighter)
I do know that you will be made welcome and it's a great group to be associated with.
I've learned a lot in the past month.

Enjoy!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
693 Posts
mine hated my 1966 tempest hotrod,but didnt care about the 93 honda del sol.she loves the solstice.never drives it but she likes to look at it.i guess its pretty respectable compared with an old musclecar that rocks in time with the cam at stoplights and wakes all the neighbors...

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the group. Where are you located, Ants?
I'm in Germantown Maryland. Haven't been able to edit my profile until I made a couple posts. Hopefully I should be good now!

Again, thanks for all the warm welcomes! Are there any Solstice Owners Groups around Maryland?

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ever since I saw my first Solstice I swore I'd get one someday. I always said I'd get one in white and put a big number 5 sticker on the side because the Solstice looks like a mini Mach 5 to me - but ... yellow.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The first time I seen one I was having coffee at a local cafe and I seen one drive by. I said to a co-worker with me someday I going to buy one. I bought mine in 2012 hardly ride my bikes anymore. I have to move the car to get to the shed where the bikes are, by the time I move the car I say to myself forget the bikes take the car. Anyone what to buy a Ducati

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
welcome... I love the yellow myself, one of the main reasons i bought mine... thankfully my girl loves mine... too much... she keeps asking for the keys.... thankfully its mostly under its cover so I can use that as an excuse.... gotto think of a new line when spring hits....

·
Read Only
0 Posts
The first time I seen one I was having coffee at a local cafe and I seen one drive by. I said to a co-worker with me someday I going to buy one. I bought mine in 2012 hardly ride my bikes anymore. I have to move the car to get to the shed where the bikes are, by the time I move the car I say to myself forget the bikes take the car. Anyone what to buy a Ducati
Ha ha, I got a Kawasaki 1500 and only used 1 tank of gas last summer so I know what you mean.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.