Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another one bites the dust . . . (GM drops out of Military Sales Program)

Just got the official word, my order has been cancelled. There will be no Solstices sold through Military Car Sales, period. The earlier information I had, that GM was dropping out of the program but current orders would still apply, was changed.

I received the following e-mail

Dear Valued Customer:

We are writing to you regarding the order that you placed for a Pontiac Solstice through the Exchange New Car Sales Program (ENCS) on OrderDate.

As you are no doubt aware, General Motors production of the Solstice is extremely limited in quantity. While we had expected to receive a limited number of vehicles for the Military Program, General Motors has just advised us that they would not be supplying any of these vehicles to the Exchange New Car Sales Program.

Due to this unfortunate and unexpected action, it is with regret that we inform you that we will not be able to complete your purchase transaction. We have no choice but to cancel your Pontiac Solstice order at this time and refund your deposit in full. Enclosed please find a check (or copy of a credit transaction) for any deposit monies that you placed with us.

We are very sorry that we must take this action due to these unanticipated circumstances and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Very Truly Yours,

So, bad news for me (unless I bought the lucky ticket from Cranbrook).

Good news is that ENCS is a great group of people and they not only feel my pain, they share my pain and are doing everything reasonable to ease it.

I'm stationed overseas for at least the next 4 years, and since I will not be able to get ANY GM product, the Sky is out for me as well.

EDIT= I plan on becoming a Troll and hanging out with Rodeo . . .

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Bummer :(

Since you are in Europe (for now, at least) you should keep your eye out for the Opel Kappa. That would be a unique souvenier (sp?) to bring home.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Let them have their cars!

That just isn't fair - I think GM should let you guys have your cars since they were already ordered!

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
I TRULY feel your pain. My wife finally spoke with the US POC for the ENCS and the pretty much said GM dropped them, but I have not been able to get an answer from the Pontiac "QRT". :brentil:

Too bad that you are not coming home soon. I cannot get a straight answer from ENCS and I wish that they would have been more upfront with us. I could give more details in a PM, but I am sure by now you are seeing what we went through. They just now are sending my check back, after I accused them of "bait and switch." (They continued to try and sell me another car, for weeks after canceling my Sol).

Take Care!

·
2,574 Posts
morts01 said:
That just isn't fair - I think GM should let you guys have your cars since they were already ordered!
Here's a General (motors)that deserves a court martial. Hope your listening up there. :devil:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
GM that is not the right move here and hope you rethink your position on this subject.
Frosty you may want to look at the Opel Kappa as another fellow member suggested, specialy if it looks anything like the Vauxhal concept.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That sucks. They should have fulfilled the orders in place.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Way to support our troops, GM! :rolleyes: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

Why am I giving you my hard-earned $$ again? I don't fault ENCS, unless they're using GM as a scapegoat, but it sure as hell doesn't seem that way.

As much as I have been looking forward to this car, this makes me want to cancel my order... but then again, would that even matter to GM? Would they even notice??

This deserves some press...

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Frosty said:
Well, that does allow me to relieve stress rather well.
There are a couple of USAF EOD team members in the CHU next to mine ... and they have some nice toys! ;)

Make sure you voice your opinion to ENCS and GM, as I did. The sad thing is that the "market" was small over here and you probably will not even get a reply (I have not yet). However, I would like an explaination from somebody. The last email I received from ENCS stated "We have canceled your order ... as you requested" (total CYA BS) :brentil:

Oh well, I was pulling for you, because you were the only other one I knew that made "the cut". :willy:

Take Care and PM me if you hear any new news.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree with birdliver & LatinVenom....this is not the way to support our troops.

Boy if the media were to get this information it would really reflect poorly on General Motors. I also think that the $750 that is being offered is way too little to compensate for the situation.

If anyone from General Motors really does follow this forum, I would say to you, as the spouse of a man in the military, that you really need to fix this!

:mad: :patriot:

·
Registered
401 Posts
GM I think you are again shooting yourself in the foot. Why drop out of a program to sell cars to the men and women serving our country, SHAME ON YOU. I would be interested in hearing why they drop out? I would like to know the political leaning of the GM executive who made that decision.

Parent of Actice Duty USAF Senior Airman

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Hey, Frosty, I'm sorry to hear about your order being cancelled. And with you staying oversees, ordering one from a dealer stateside won't gain you anything. I hope that GM will realize that they are giving themselves negative publicity by pulling out of the ENCS program and that they change their minds.

In the mean time, I hope you'll come back to the forum and hang out with us sometimes, even though you aren't able to get the car. We'll surely miss you! :(

·
4,592 Posts
can I suggest we add something to ths title, or change it. This is an important issue, but unfortunatly, the title sounds like it's someone backing out for other reasons (i.e. because they want to buy something else). There should be more effort to get everyone to see this thread/topic.

Sorry to hear your plight guys/gals :(

:patriot:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh man, that sucks. So, what about the cars on ebay? Could you theoretically get one that someone has already, and have it shipped to you?

·
2,574 Posts
POTFH said:
GM I think you are again shooting yourself in the foot. Why drop out of a program to sell cars to the men and women serving our country, SHAME ON YOU. I would be interested in hearing why they drop out? I would like to know the political leaning of the GM executive who made that decision.

Parent of Actice Duty USAF Senior Airman
I can't imagine the discussion in the meeting where they decided to dump this program. First, you'd think that they'd react on a personal level as we are and secondly they must have talked about the negative feedback that would result from the implementation of this policy. This kind of thinking keeps up and they'll attract recruiters from the Bush administration. :lol:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm trying to get info from GM on why they dropped out of the military car sales program, depending on their answer, I may organize a letter writing campaign.

Or buy an ad in the Detroit Free Press.

I'm very, very frustrated right now.

·
4,592 Posts
Frosty said:
I'm very, very frustrated right now.
Watch out GM, he's peaved, and he's got weapons :lol:

Best of luck Frosty!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts